Who has had the covid jab?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does she suffer from Anaphylaxis, or other allergies?

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I think the media should be allowed to show people dying from Covid. Maybe watching someone in a lot of pain, scared and panicking, desperately gasping for air until their body finally can't cope and they die would convince more people that having a jab is something they should be doing and recommending to others.
I watched a program last night showing the nurses in action, 6 people having to turn patients to keep them breathing, nurses doctors knackered with the high work rate, people in charge in hospital in tears, nurses crying, only caught 15 minutes of it, but what a shocker it was.
I hope the numbers in hospital come down quite quickly the hospitals staff need a rest bite

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My Dad had his a couple of weeks ago - no significant side-effects

A friend who works in a local nursing home gets routinely tested every week - tested negative last Monday, got the jab Tuesday, started feeling rough Wednesday, got tested again and was positive. She's been in bed ever since, although must be feeling better 'cos our lass has just had an hour long telephone conversation with her.
So by my reckoning she'll have her own antibodies 'cos she caught the virus and then a shed-load of artificial ones courtesy of the vaccine - she should be bomb-proof now.

Think there's about 10 million on the list before I'll get offered it - sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Why is it that vaccines are practically the only medical procedure that is always delivered by a needle - just about every other ailment or treatment involves swallowing a pill or drinking something mildly noxious - surely the technology must exist to convert a liquid vaccine into something that could be self-administered - the NHS could send it out in the post - whole country could be vaccinated in a month.

Simon
You’d have thought so wouldn’t ya but, I’m guessing it must be more technical than that Love your idea though. We’d all be vaccinated in no time wouldn’t we. 👍

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
There's a thought, I'm allergic to Penicillin. I'm wondering now if I'll get my jab if and when I get the call.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I will get a bit of info off the Expert who has put me right so far, im sure Gert will be ok, if not i will get another Bird to go on holiday with me ;) ;)

piscatorial

There's a thought, I'm allergic to Penicillin. I'm wondering now if I'll get my jab if and when I get the call.
So am I, but not in a real bad way, just gives me terrible diarrhoea.

You will probably be offered the Oxford one.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Just had my old mate on phone. Covid jab on Thursday at Newcastle racecourse super hub.
He sounded over the moon. 👍

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
So am I, but not in a real bad way, just gives me terrible diarrhoea.

You will probably be offered the Oxford one.
With me, it makes me nearly faint and I'm covered in red patches or blotches. I'll just have to wait and see what they say.

DaveGas

Yes, work in the NHS and had it on New Years eve, some of my colleagues have been told they don't need to have the vaccine as they had already been given the vaccine almost a year ago (with absolutely no issues) in trials they volunteered for.

ajaxer5

Site Supporter
For any naysayers
Covid

Everyone has the right to refuse the offer of a covid vaccination,but why would you.?

Are you really willing to continue to be at risk ,or indeed infecting others that could include

your nearest and dearest.Do you really want to negate the trojan efforts by all involved

in this world leading roll out.

The more vaccine refusers the more this disease is perpetuated,and data is emerging

that the chance of being infected after being vaccinated is very slim indeed.

I implore all right minded people who are offered a jab

Do the right thing

ACCEPT IT AND HELP THE WORLD BEAT COVD-19

BTMS

Site Supporter
Had mine today:) Told the Mrs I need rest, food, tea and fishing videos(y)

Tony1774

So still experimenting i'm not vulnerable i don't need to be a guinea pig.
I'm 47 think i have some time before i have to make the choice.
I have had a friend die of it at 54 so you don't have that much longer

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Been on the fence about this for some time, but there's been a lot of debate about anti-Vaxxers on Facebook lately. I am now coming forward to stand up and say I'm firmly in the anti-Vax camp. And I know most will be rolling their eyes at this now.

I have my reasons, like many anti-Vaxxers, but it's important that everyone approaches this sensitive topic armed with the information THEY know to be true. I know my truth and I have first hand experience that backs up my stance. I had a Vax once and it was the noisiest, worst vacuum cleaner ever. I will never buy one again. All these armchair experts have clearly never experienced the disappointment of having to go over the same piece of carpet again and again to pick up the same piece of fluff.

I am firmly in the shark camp now, and I will not be told otherwise !!!