Who has had the covid jab?

davylad

I was listening to one of the scientists, and he got asked the question, should we all get the same vaccine? His reply was, we'd probably get more protection by having different ones.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
All the more reason you maybe should have the jab Wisey, to protect them too.
Mate i will go with the Safety aspects every time. I will also see whats good for me and my Gert and what Benefits Us, i couldnt give a toss what everyone else does its their Choice.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
I've had the astra zeneka vaccine, sore arm for a couple of days and a few days of feeling rough but that's it
Theres obviously a very very small risk of a reaction or side effects from any vaccine and this one's no different but the risks are so small and insignificant in comparison from this vaccine when compared to the risks from not only catching covid but also from passing it on

Fri a family unit of 4 of us, 3 have contracted covid and somehow its passed me by, that doesn't mean at some stage I won't catch it or become an assomatic carrier

I've had two covid test and both negative and one lateral flow test just Friday gone, again negative and I have a further 6 lateral flow tests booked every Friday as a precaution, working in Construction and coming into contact with lots of different folk from different parts of the UK it just seems wise to book and take the tests

Always better to safe than sorry

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mate i will go with the Safety aspects every time. I will also see whats good for me and my Gert and what Benefits Us, i couldnt give a toss what everyone else does its their Choice.
I would say one doth protest too much ;)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i am a long way down the list so way off getting it but the number of people moaning and asking on local FB groups to see if they can bypass or get the jab quicker is maddening! the admins are considering banning any post about the jab as its just causing rows and people will get notified when they can have the jab!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My mate sez he's gonna have to do what they Did in the A Team to Mr T to get him on a plane, to get his Dad his second one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
We may have told my dad a little white lie to get him to have the jab Wise Owl. Mum and dad go to Florida November, December and January every year. They’ve been doing this for the past 18 years. Mum adores her holidays. Well, to get my dad to have a vaccine we told him that without it he wouldn’t get into America. 🤣. So .... we may have told him a porky I don’t know. Why he kicked off about having the vaccine I don’t know. Just stuck in his ways I guess. 🙄

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Same as Dennis mate he Reckons he's still Bulletproof, he was a handy lad in his Day and probably still thinks nowt will tek him out no matter what my pal and his sister tell him.

Simon R

Site Supporter
My Dad had his a couple of weeks ago - no significant side-effects

A friend who works in a local nursing home gets routinely tested every week - tested negative last Monday, got the jab Tuesday, started feeling rough Wednesday, got tested again and was positive. She's been in bed ever since, although must be feeling better 'cos our lass has just had an hour long telephone conversation with her.
So by my reckoning she'll have her own antibodies 'cos she caught the virus and then a shed-load of artificial ones courtesy of the vaccine - she should be bomb-proof now.

Think there's about 10 million on the list before I'll get offered it - sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Why is it that vaccines are practically the only medical procedure that is always delivered by a needle - just about every other ailment or treatment involves swallowing a pill or drinking something mildly noxious - surely the technology must exist to convert a liquid vaccine into something that could be self-administered - the NHS could send it out in the post - whole country could be vaccinated in a month.

Simon

Chervil

Site Supporter

A friend who works in a local nursing home gets routinely tested every week - tested negative last Monday, got the jab Tuesday, started feeling rough Wednesday, got tested again and was positive. She's been in bed ever since, although must be feeling better 'cos our lass has just had an hour long telephone conversation with her.
So by my reckoning she'll have her own antibodies 'cos she caught the virus and then a shed-load of artificial ones courtesy of the vaccine - she should be bomb-proof now.

Think there's about 10 million on the list before I'll get offered it - sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Why is it that vaccines are practically the only medical procedure that is always delivered by a needle - just about every other ailment or treatment involves swallowing a pill or drinking something mildly noxious - surely the technology must exist to convert a liquid vaccine into something that could be self-administered - the NHS could send it out in the post - whole country could be vaccinated in a month.

Simon

Keith Sparky

Simon
Swansea University are also working on a smart patch that not only delivers vaccines but monitors the bodies response to vaccination...just Google Swansea uni covid patch

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
thats why i love IT, science and new innovations, pills would be amazing and globally life changing and analytics and data mining pushes the boundaries, brilliant news!

baboboy

Site Supporter
Had mine on the 24th Pfizer jab. Not a huge fan of needles but it's just an my fear of spiders lol. No real side effects apart from a achey arm. I get worse Doms aches after a heavy gym session so small price to pay. I did walk out feeling weight had been lifted.

piscatorial

Me and the Mrs had ours on the 21st.

We both had the Astra/Oxford one, due to the wife being a epipen carrier.

I've been fine, the wifes just had 4 days off as she had a bad reaction where the jab was given.

Her arm went really red and swollen, really hard as if she was flexing her muscles, and had a temp of 38.5 C.

Ended up on antibiotics.