Who has had the covid jab?

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I think the media should be allowed to show people dying from Covid. Maybe watching someone in a lot of pain, scared and panicking, desperately gasping for air until their body finally can't cope and they die would convince more people that having a jab is something they should be doing and recommending to others.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There you have it then.

It kind of pees me off when $billions has been thrown at, not to mention the countless manhours, to find the genetic code for the virus, establishing correct routes to build an effective vaccine against it, enlist the help of tens of thousands of human volunteers to test it, build and modify processes to mass produce it, and some anti-vac'ers spread rumours that some people would rather believe.

If you want it have it, if you dont then take your chances but don't come running to the NHS when it goes tits up for you

Wise Owl

Account Locked
We will have it but im glad im at the middle of the Pecking order thats all im saying. And as for running to the NHS i can say ive never abused their service once.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Serious Question, do ya get a choice which one ? Meaning single dose or Double.

JayBee

Site Supporter
I can envisage situations in say 12 months time when everyone has had the oppurtunity to be vaccinated, that proof of having the jab becomes very important......ie. hair salons, shops, trades people,etc. etc., advertising the fact that all staff have had the required jab(s), and their business benefitting as a result.
Perhaps there might even be some who only allow entry to their home to those with proof of vaccination.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I can envisage situations in say 12 months time when everyone has had the oppurtunity to be vaccinated, that proof of having the jab becomes very important......ie. hair salons, shops, trades people,etc. etc., advertising the fact that all staff have had the required jab(s), and their business benefitting as a result.
Perhaps there might even be some who only allow entry to their home to those with proof of vaccination.
This is why i would have to have it, most of my work involves going into other people homes and Businesses, Shops offices, Restaurants Etc, my job is my Holidays and fun. (y) (y)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
No You don't Dave. It depends what's allocated to your vaccine centre.
Cheers mate, my take on it was get the Double doses outta the way, then the single ones that take less hassle can run their Course quickly. (y) (y)

jods

Site Supporter
No you don't, you have the choice whether to have it when offered or not - you've already said that ;)

You're letting your bravado slip, inside I bet your schit scared of needles and paranoid about becoming tracked

:p
It's the needle :p. If he was paranoid about being tracked he wouldn't post on maggotdrowning top of all google searches lol.

alsur

Site Supporter
Not had mine yet but hopefully soon I won't hesitate, in my age group I've got a 3 to 4% chance of dying if I get covid that seems much better odds than any side effect I might get from vaccine.

If as possible the vaccine does prevent transmission it become important that as many as possible have vaccine as this will protect those who can't have vaccine.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Out of 8million plus jabs you would expect some to get a reaction, adverse or otherwise.
On the plus side, you've now got 8million plus who stand a very good chance of not becoming ill through covid and when you start to factor in percentages, out of the 8million there is a very good chance that 80,000 won't have long term effects from covid infections, and 8,000 won't die.

Thalidomide did cause birth defects in an estimated 10,000 babies before being pulled from the market in the early 1960s. Yet connecting thalidomide to COVID-19 vaccines is misleading. Thalidomide did not undergo the same extensive clinical trials as the COVID-19 vaccine; it actually instigated reforms in drug testing and approval. There is no evidence that the accelerated process behind COVID-19 vaccines circumvented the modern standards of health regulators like the FDA.

Source: Fact check: Thalidomide, COVID-19 vaccine comparisons are misleading
spot on Dave,

I posted this on the Pfizer Vaccine thread in November (post #100)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
No you don't, you have the choice whether to have it when offered or not - you've already said that ;)

You're letting your bravado slip, inside I bet your schit scared of needles and paranoid about becoming tracked

:p
My biggest worry is Carrying on with mine and Gerts Easy lifestyle, i didnt get to this stage in my life to suddenly have it Interrupted with no way out. Although this Virus aint affected us in any other way than Holidays and Eating and Drinking out its nice to know theres light at the end of the tunnel.
As for being tracked they can see my travel details from my passport and more so by my Mobile phone. I aint nowt to hide so nowt to worry about.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
My Gert will tell ya as well She Couldnt even watch when i was Injected in my eye. Injections same as being scared of spiders Big Fannies Lot on em. ;) ;)

Rich51

Site Supporter
Had mine (Pfizer Biontec) on 20th Dec as NHS worker. Second one was due on 11/1 been put back to 4th March. Doing lateral flow testing twice a week since mid Dec. All good.

davylad

This is why i would have to have it, most of my work involves going into other people homes and Businesses, Shops offices, Restaurants Etc, my job is my Holidays and fun. (y) (y)
All the more reason you maybe should have the jab Wisey, to protect them too.