Who has had the covid jab?

JayBee

Site Supporter
It would seem that that there is a significant number of our members 70+, and / or have an underlying health issue, thus making you eligible for the jab.

Have you had the vaccine yet?, which one?, and how did it go?.

My wife and I had ours today, Pfizer, and both feel fine.

jods

Site Supporter
I'm undecided whether i'm going to have it. When all the vulnerable are protected not much point (Having the jab doesn't stop you from spreading it) . My opinion i don't care if you disagree.

alsur

Site Supporter
I'm undecided whether i'm going to have it. When all the vulnerable are protected not much point (Having the jab doesn't stop you from spreading it) . My opinion i don't care if you disagree.
Just to clear one thing up they don't know yet whether it stops you being contagious, they are looking into that now and there is a reasonable chance it will.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
My mum and dad had the Pfizer one on Wednesday. Mum had a bit of an achy arm but fine otherwise but it made dad feel almost as bad as when he had covid itself for a day or so but he's fine now. One of my mates had the Oxford one the same day and he was absolutely fine. All having their second jab on the 15th of April.

Then my grandparents are having they think the Oxford one in the 6th of February with the second one on the 29th of April.

So basically they will all be fully jabbed up for when things likely open up again in May. All have had covid in the last month anyway so probably would have had anti bodies for a good few months anyway but good for them to get the extra insurance of the vaccine as well. There's talk of having all over 50s and clinically vulnerable (which covers apparently 99% of deaths) at least one dose done by sometime in April now so really unlikely to be any reason for things to not open up in May if that's the case.

Can't see myself getting the vaccine til August at the earliest tbh but seeing as I've also had covid in the last month I'm hoping my antibodies will at least last until summer when if its anything like last summer the chances of catching it will be pretty slim anyway.

jods

Site Supporter
So still experimenting i'm not vulnerable i don't need to be a guinea pig.
I'm 47 think i have some time before i have to make the choice.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
If you're not vulnerable then any side effects aren't going to be any worse than the virus itself so not really got anything to lose in getting done.

I'm not 28 til Monday, have no known health issues, have hardly an ounce of fat on me and am generally pretty fit yet for a few days covid beat me up pretty bad so assuming nothing's gone south with the vaccine by the time its my turn I'll risk the tiny chance of feeling a bit icky for a day or two to avoid catching it again.

alsur

Site Supporter
It's up to you but it wasn't possible to test if it stopped it spreading until the vaccine was in widespread use. I think the guinea pigs were in the trials.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Both me and the wife are booked in for Thursday. Just been informed that a colleague of mine, passed away aged 46 after being on ventilation for a week.

jods

Site Supporter
If you're not vulnerable then any side effects aren't going to be any worse than the virus itself so not really got anything to lose in getting done.

I'm not 28 til Monday, have no known health issues, have hardly an ounce of fat on me and am generally pretty fit yet for a few days covid beat me up pretty bad so assuming nothing's gone south with the vaccine by the time its my turn I'll risk the tiny chance of feeling a bit icky for a day or two to avoid catching it again.
Both my sons have had it daughter in law who is also a PO ( she caught it from prison ). Youngest who is 24 lost his taste and smell, oldest and wife ( wife is younger can't remember age) who is 31 had flu like symptoms.

Keith Sparky

For those younger guys and girls out there if it is concluded in the next few months that the vaccines do help to prevent transmission surely you would have it to help others not get it ..... or are you that selfish to only consider yourselves....I hope when you try to book your next holiday abroad only those vaccinated will be able to travel.... or am I just being selfish now ?

jods

Site Supporter
Thalidomide! Side effects wasn't noticed till many years later.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Both my sons have had it daughter in law who is also a PO ( she can't it from prison ). Youngest who is 24 lost his taste and smell, oldest and wife ( wife is younger can't remember age) who is 31 had flu like symptoms.
I didn’t lose taste or smell (thank god as sod that in lockdown when food is one of the few joys!) but had a bit of a cough, a tight painful chest, shortness of breath, little bit of body aches and was generally really worn out. Still don’t think I’ve fully got my stamina back now tbh although that could be lockdown and rubbish weather fatigue 😂

I’m not going to lie I’ve had worse flus and sicknesses but it certainly wasn’t much fun. Worst bit was the not knowing to what extent it was going to reach. Was quite a relief when I started feeling better again😅

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Had the Oxford one today,appointment time 10.10,stood in a queue outside in the wind and rain until 11.00,out at 11,10 and feel fine.

jods

Site Supporter
When the youngest tested positive he had a phone call from the testers and she said loss of taste was the worst symptom. He didn't feel ill at all took him about 4 weeks to get his taste back.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
When the youngest tested positive he had a phone call from the testers and she said loss of taste was the worst symptom. He didn't feel ill at all took him about 4 weeks to get his taste back.
I did lose my taste for a couple weeks back in last March whilst not feeling great so guess there’s a possibility I had it then as well. Or when I had what I thought was classic flu this time last year which in many ways was more Covid like than the Covid I’ve definitely had and made me far more ill for admittedly shorter time and although the cough and loss of taste lasted a couple weeks then as well.

I guess it’s possible that one of them could have been Covid then I caught it again either 12 or 10 months later when the antibodies ran out or maybe they were both just typical winter flu. We’ll never know I guess, don’t suppose it really matters now I’ve definitely had it this year.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I had mine this afternoon. Pfizer one. No side effects so far, touch wood, except a very slight tenderness at the site of the jab. Like a small bruise.
My praise and admiration to the hospital vaccination centre staff. It was a well planned out and very efficient socially distanced production line.
They even had an area of free parking for jab-ees. (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
It would seem that that there is a significant number of our members 70+, and / or have an underlying health issue, thus making you eligible for the jab.

Have you had the vaccine yet?, which one?, and how did it go?.

My wife and I had ours today, Pfizer, and both feel fine.
Mom had it yesterday ,75 years young , made her tired , no aching arm yesterday but today it aches but she says its not to bad and glad shes had it .

Peezartiste

My wife and I both had it (Pfizer)Thursday 21th. Got a phone call at 1215pm, could we get in by 2pm for it? No problems, in and out in less than half an hour. Next one in April. Side effects - nil except slight ache next day.