who do you buy from

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARTIN UNWIN

bagger bill
alot of you have had a go at map,which is your favourite company and which company will you not buy from, i tend to buy alot from prestons and shimano but wont spend a penny with maver

favourite company has to be daiwa and least but dont buy alot of shakepspeare things.

Last edited:

Thom

i guess the majority of preston gear is pretty good but i wont touch shakespeare... well im going to check out those new rods like.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Fox and Shimano for about 75% of my kit, 10% Nash and TFG and the odd smattering of drennan.

Not got much faith in the other stuff but then again I've not used it or bothered to ask anyone - more than happy with the brands I like.

Dragman

very happy with shakespeare stuff... improved greatly and very under rated IMO....

kleinboet

I have a pair of 18year old matching float and feeder rods made by Masterline and sold as "John Wilson Signature" rods. Cracking kit - I have caught everything from half inch Perch to double figure Carp and they are still going strong!

Last edited:

midge99

Maver poles I've never had a problem
Daiwa rod
shimano reels
preston hooks
shimano line

If it does the job right it's OK by me

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Tend to stick with Shimano / Drennan but wish more Sensas stuff was easily available.

I have also been more impressed with shakespeare mid range rods and poles recently. The Superteam stuff also looks worth considering.

Tend to avoid Maver & Abu

bigjon06

i like middy, but i also try to look at recommendations from other people and read a lot of tackle reviews

smartmart16

mostly daiwa stuff,pole ,whip,wag rod,luggage,box.
tricast feeder rods,
shimano reels.
preston and kamasan hooks.
matchteam or reflo line.

smartmart16

you asked for the companies we don't tend to buy from,which i had forgot to mention.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Ive never been let down with
A Maver Pole and Ive had 4 of them.
My rods are all Shakespeare or I have a couple of Normarks left and I use the Shaky,s in preference.
My reels are Daiwa but I bought a couple of budget reels by Maver and they have been OK and are super light.
Map is the only company I would never touch again.

mouse77

Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Ive never been let down with
A Maver Pole and Ive had 4 of them.
My rods are all Shakespeare or I have a couple of Normarks left and I use the Shaky,s in preference.
My reels are Daiwa but I bought a couple of budget reels by Maver and they have been OK and are super light.
Map is the only company I would never touch again.

You've never been let down by your poles/rods/reels, do you think it has anything to do with the user BB?

The only time i have had tackle let me down has been due to user error.

neneangling

I dont think there is anything wrong with shakespeare stuff other than that people are snobby about it because they also make cheap kit for kids/beginners/chavs. The shakespeare kit ive had ovr the years has always been totally fine

Status
Not open for further replies.