Who’s cooking?

Dusty

Cooking Christmas dinner for 7 this year, 3 different meats and all the trimmings.

Who else is cooking/entertaining this year? If not what are your plans?
We usually have a year at ours where we cook for my family and then the following year go to our lasses mum for Christmas dinner. Fortunately the MIL is old school and insists on doing a dinner on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day which is great!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Wifey does Christmas din-dins, I do New year (pub lunch cos chippy's shut).

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I’ve cooked the Xmas dinner for the last 20 plus years, 5 at our table would have been 6 but the old lady over the road is going to her sisters, oh and Albert he is partial to a bit of Turkey ?

Dusty

I’ve cooked the Xmas dinner for the last 20 plus years, 5 at our table would have been 6 but the old lady over the road is going to her sisters, oh and Albert he is partial to a bit of Turkey ?

Ive got my mum and dads dog coming but she has to have hypoallergenic food or she breaks out in a rash. High maintenance pooch!

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
We're at ours for Christmas Day, with both mine and Mrs Yucca's parents in attendance, so full Christmas Dinner, and then the unwritten competition of which of the men claims to be hungry first vs which of the women says 'shall we not bother with the buffet'. (Gender stereotyped, yes, but absolutely true)! Then, round to the in-laws on Boxing Day for Christmas Day MkII with all of Cazz's family there.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Going to my sisters. Their dog (10 month old cockapoo) is coming to ours in his cage apparently as he's still not the best behaved at the best of times.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Parents have a Parsons Russel terrier x Lakeland terrier. 10 years old now but still as nuts as when she was a pup.

Ive been told he wont calm down, but hey like owt in our house, if its not involving being happy its not welcome.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
For the first time since being wed I will not be doing xmas dinner. As the clan gets bigger my three bed semi seems to get
smaller so its round to my youngest. I feel both relief and sorrow at the same time.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I've made and decorated the cake and also made the pudding. Both done on June 1st.
Luscious lady friend does the dinner - she's a fabulous cook as well as fabulous something else that rhymes with cook.
Thank heavens for those little blue pills!

Pompous git

Site Supporter
My eldest has a cockapoo, just a year old and crackers. It will be with the family xmas day, now whilst I am not a dog lover
it will certainly liven up proceedings.

Total

Site Supporter
My eldest has a cockapoo, just a year old and crackers. It will be with the family xmas day, now whilst I am not a dog lover
it will certainly liven up proceedings.

My sister's got one too.....Silly as a box of lights! :giggle:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I said my sisters cockapoo should stay, will be character building for it, but not my decision. They were even talking of rehoming it, no trainer can control it. Don't think it helps having young ones running around it all the time either.

Dusty

I said my sisters cockapoo should stay, will be character building for it, but not my decision. They were even talking of rehoming it, no trainer can control it. Don't think it helps having young ones running around it all the time either.

I know a couple of mates that have Cockapoos and they are good as gold.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Said dog is friendly and affectionate in fact I defy anyone to dislike it, trouble is a boisterous dog needs to burn off energy
and how many of us as owners can truly let them do that?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nothing against the breed. I think it's just the little things it does like jumping up, barking at cars, diarrhea, and chewing peoples hands that they expected a perfectly behaved dog, even though they've paid for trainers and has several walks a day. Like Pompous says, too much energy.