Whitmore Fishery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dervaig

Hi Guys,
[?]Anyone fished Whitmore near Greenhalgh Lodge recently. Thought I'd give it a try on Saturday (1st Mar). Any tips on baits etc. would be helpful.
Of course if anyone fancies meeting up that would be even better.

Dervaig dukewave_e0.gif

timber

built for comfort
hi dervaig i fished whitmore on the 12th feb very cold and foggy but still managed to get 4 small carp and roach from east lake on red maggot on the pole at about 5 metre,approx another 5 anglers there but they were not catching much ,should be better now it as warmed up a bit. i prefer the basin lake for carp and golden tench on corn or cat food, but needs some settled weather before i will give it a try good luck let me know how you get on.i have heard that briarcroft is closed do you know if this is true. p.s. whitmore only opens at 08.00

big dave

Dervaig

Cheers Timber, I'll let you know. I haven't heard that Briarcroft has closed.

Dervaig

Dervaig

Sat March 1st - fished the doughnut type lake.
Cold breeze blowing from the South. Had 2 lines, one at about 7m and one at 2m. Fished the 7m line for about 2 hrs. for 1 Barbel about 8oz and a small Roach.
Changed to the 2m line and stopped on that for the rest of the day. A good (for me) mixed bag of Perch & Carp to a pound and the rest made up of small Roach/Rudd, Chub and the odd Gudgeon.
One of the Perch (the largest) coughed up half the loosefeed into the landing net.
All the fish came to single or double red maggot, on an 18. Started off on the deck but most of the fish came at 2 inch off the deck.
Tried corn & worm but nothing would take.
Will go again and try the main lake next time.
Only about 7 other anglers distributed across all the lakes including the original farm pond.
I heard that the anglers on the small far lake the day before had good bags of Carp & Tench on corn. They were all using groundbait even though it's banned!!!
I suspect this will be a good fishery when it matures a bit.

Dervaig

Status
Not open for further replies.