Whiteacres

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexR

hi,
has anyone been to white acres in cornwall?? weve been looking at it latley, so if you have been what is the place like (accommodation, facilities) what is the fishing like, and is there much do do for non fishing members of the familyicon_smile_big.gif

;)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whiteacres.

Accommodation is ok. If the non fishing people can drive then there is plenty to do in Cornwall, in fact there is a bus service which goes past the site which runs from Newquay to St Austell.

This year there will be 12 or 13 lakes on the complex to fish. Also if you stay at Whiteacres you can fish Bolingey, which is a smashing place to go.

I have been going there with a break for 12 years. In fact i will be there in May of this year, the same time as two other members of this forum.

Try this site http://www.whiteacres.co.uk
thumbsup.gif Geoff

Edited by - Geoff P on 17 February 2002 9:05:44 PM

Edited by - Geoff P on 17 February 2002 9:06:49 PM

Nige

My mate and I went there in May last year, specifically to target the catfish. There's a good clubhouse on site with live entertainment, they have a kids room, swimming pool, all very good. If you e-mail them from the link Geoff gave you, then you'll get a brouchure pretty soon after. I'd certainly use the site again as a base for a holiday down there, trouble was no-one caught a catfish while we were there but all the matchpools seemed to fish ok.

Nige, Wishin I was Fishin

MALC

Alex went last year for the first time and enjoyed it so much that we booked up for 2 weeks this year.

The wife does not fish in fact she totally hates it but she liked it so much that there was no problem with getting 2 weeks sorted all i'll do is compromise and fish half the time and spend the other half out and about with the family.

Even got a day sorted out with a bit of boat fishing as i've an uncle that lives down there with his own boat.

Plenty for non fishing people to do with the beaches and things off site as well as the stuff on site.

Malc

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Status
Not open for further replies.