Whiteacres Bait requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

tip mon

Hello peeps

I am making my first trip to W/A'S this year and will be spending five days there during the last week in July.

Having never fished the place before I was wondering what baits and quantitys to take.

I was thinking of just taking pellets corn and meat. But was hoping if anyone could elaborate on what would be best?

Should I take micro's, 6mm or 8mm.....and how many. How many tins of corn and meat would you reccomend? Or am I off the mark and should I be taking something else.

I appreciate that the venue could fish differently each day and I don't expect a definate list, but a good idea of a reasonable bait list would be appreciated.

Ta very muchly.

darrenpne

hi mate,to be honest with you,i think you can catch on most baits.the best advise is to ask in the tackle shop when you get there.i fished it 4 times last year and did well on the method,also did well on the paste and pellets.youll also do well on meat,what ever you fish youll have a cracking time darren

tip mon

thanks darren,

did you use pellet or crumb around the method feeder?

lobwormking

Papa
Site Supporter
On most lakes you will get pestered by skimmers if you use groundbait on the method, pre soaked micro's are a better option.
What type of fishing do you prefer if from your Md's tag I would hazard a guess at the tip(mon) the staight lead and a T-bag works quite well as does an open end feeder and chopped meat.
Pellets from the shop are 2.50 for an 800gm bag in all sizes, the average price of groundbait is around 3.20. Tins of meat and corn are expensive and best brought with you.
Pound stretcher are selling tins of meat quid each. [:T]
Get in touch when you are down for a chat(pint). [:W]
LWK

tip mon

Thanks lads.

Its right that I can take my own pellets with me for pleasure fishing isn't it?

And if so what would you suggest, take micro's for the method and maybe 6's for fishing shallow and down the side, or should I take 8's for pellet wag and bomb. (The reason I ask is because the wife and child are coming so I haven't got room in the car for a sack of each size of pellets)

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
I usually get mine down there.

8mm for pellet wag, Micros for method 4&6mm for shallow/feeding/banding, dont bother with expanders unless your stuggling which you will not be, corn & meat.

Your going to wonder why you havent been sooner, its great (apart from the price of ale, restaurant and the pizzas are reasonable if you cannot be bothered cooking though). Dont take any food, theres a big Morrisons just down the road.

Take a look at the Prestons website videos. They have Tommy Pickering on Twin Oaks (my personal fave, you will love that place), Dave Saunders on Trelawney and Des Ship on Pollys. Pollawyn is good, there all good and the guys in the on site tackle shop will put you right. Not fished Bolingey yet because i usually have my tribe with me and they want the car.

Thymallus

Ant
I'm making my first trip there at the end of july, from reading the various posts it seems most people fish the method rather than pole, are the pegs quite close together?

I've still got your number LWK I'll give you a bell when I'm there for a pint. [:)]

lobwormking

Papa
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Thymallus

I've still got your number LWK I'll give you a bell when I'm there for a pint. [:)]
[:T][:W]

Nev: Get the tribe to drop you off as Perranporth is 2 minutes down the road [8D][;)]
Why do you need to ring sacks of pellets, I buy by the sack and they last me for months.
LWK

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Originally posted by lobwormking

Nev: Get the tribe to drop you off as Perranporth is 2 minutes down the road [8D][;)]
LWK

I will go this year because i have a sat nav now so i can set W/A as home so she can get here bearings once shes dropped me off. You know what women are like.

I know i can get directions from the site but i didnt realise it was only 2 mins away[:T]

nutmeg

Site Supporter
if you check the match results on the park dean sight you will get an idea as to what is being caught and how also the peg numbers. the shop on site will have any additional bait that you think you may need and its no dearer than anywhere else.
this link is for the match pages,

http://www.news-reel.com/_pages/_matchfocus_matchresults.asp

not sure if there are any fish left at whiteacres though so you maybe best cancelling ang going to Holland ;)

Jack Smart

Numpty Slayer
When i went ijust used corn bacon grill meat and cornish bagging pellets 10mil on band with pole in margins feeding 2 mils all the time got some ecent carp have a great time

lobwormking

Papa
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Nev101

Originally posted by lobwormking

LWK

I will go this year because i have a sat nav now so i can set W/A as home so she can get here bearings once shes dropped me off. You know what women are like.

I know i can get directions from the site but i didnt realise it was only 2 mins away[:T]

Bolingey is 10 miles away from Whiteacres, Perranporth is 2 minutes from Bolly [:)]

markharding

i went couple of weeks back, was using pole, ledger and method on jennys lake and did best on feeder for larger stuff and numbers on pole if that makes sense.

all i did on feeder was senas groundbait (bream and carp) some brown crumb and a few bits of hemp and corn, and i mean a few, like 20 corn and a palm of hemp. then on hair i used a piece of fake sinking corn. that way soon as they attacked it the only real piece of large take was the corn. worked very well for me and was getting i would say at least one every other chuck. that was off the edge of the long islan in the middle. oh yeah that was on a large preston inline feeder and the propper mould.

tip mon

Lads,

Thanks to everyone for your input. Bearing in mind I'm gonna get five days fishing, or four days and an evening session which lakes would you target.

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
ive just got back from white acres yesterday and i had to have a day off fishing friday coz i was aching after a very good bagging week.
tip mon for 5 sessions get on polly high bank or pegs 19,20,21 on 1 point and 22,23 or 24 on other point, a day on twin oaks low numbers and high numbers, jennys and bolingey.

pellet outscores other baits

Brian Johnson

nice one hopper good advice as per usual very modest,what you didnt say was that you won the rover match,good on you pal it was nice to see you all again.il be missing next year but hope to be back 2012 tight lines pal.[:T][:D][:D][:D]

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
now brian, always good to see you lot down there,wish i was still there now, cant wait for prestons and winners week.

Brian Johnson

good luck come winners week hopper,you deserve it,tight lines, see you in a couple of years.it doesnt sound that long if yu say it quick.[:W][8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.