White Acres - Cornwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchman

I've booked a week (12-17th April) at White Acres primarily to give my eldest 2 boys some fishing tuition. Anybody been ? Any advice ?

Essex Maverick

Take your wet weather gear with you !
It always rains during the Spring festival month so be prepared.

I have been for the last 12 years - you will not be dissapointed with the fishing, but the best advice will always be given by Clint once you are there.

If it were me, I would most surely plonk your kids down on Jennys lake. It's quieter, stuffed with fish, and a little more off the beaten track of the match waters. Fish run from 1oz to megga carp, but there are so many 1lb Tench, Carp, Roach that you will not have to try to hard.

Have fun ![8D]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by Essex Maverick

I have been for the last 12 years - you will not be dissapointed with the fishing, but the best advice will always be given by Clint once you are there.

[8D]

Clint give advice to a pleasure angler[:0] Would that be a first. [?] I have been to Whiteacreas three times in the last two years and I can say I have NEVER found the staff in the tackle shop helpful to pleasure anglers. Always found time for their buddies in the matches though.

While I agree that you are bound to catch at Whiteacres in my opinion the place is not a patch on the Whiteacres run by the Seery family.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

Essex Maverick

Ahhhh I never said 'he would give you the advice'....just 'he had the best advice' !!!
I do agree a little with what you say, I have fished numerous festivals there, and very rarely got any inside info, but I do feel that away from these events he can be a great help. I have always found him friendly out of festival season, lets be honest, it can't be all that easy trying to keep 160 odd 'superstars' furnished with tips for 4 weeks of the year.
(Agreed that the Gods do seem to get more attention than us mere mortals though)...and Clint, if you do read this....please respond to my numerous e-mails on the Virgins festival format !

Paulnet

Assuming Clint is 'to busy' to help, the best thing you can do is walk round the lakes to see how other people are fishing.
To get you started though, red maggot always catches well, especially at this time of year, but a change to small cubes of luncheon meat or sweetcorn will get you a few extra fish. Don't forget to fish down the edges, as a lot of fish come in close, and generally speaking they are normally bigger, so make sure you're tackle is up to it !!
I am due to fish the Dynamite Bait festival from the 5th to the 12th April, and would be happy to give you a call mid week to let you know what it's like.

Essex Maverick

Paul, don't forget NO CAT FOOD - especially 4 tins of stuff going in at the off !!!

P.S. don't forget my T-Shirt.....good luck ! You will need it !

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
I do not know whether sycamore is included in the festivals or not but some friends are there at the moment and are regularly catching 100lb of good carp.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

Essex Maverick

No - it's not in the festivals - but it should be !
You are right though about the big bags of fish - superb for the pleasure angler with strong tackle ![:)]

lemon1

HELLO JUST COME BACK FROM WHITE ACRES ITS FISHING WELL AT THE MOMENT SO YOU SHOULD HAVE A GOOD TIME DOWN THERE.[:)].I FISHED IN THE SENSES FESTIVAL AND FINSH 99th WHICH WAS A LOT BETTER THAT LAST YEAR.KEV OF COKE FINSHED IN 71th PLACE.THE BEST BAITS AT THE MOMENT ARE SWEETCORN,MEAT AND BREAD.IF YOU WANT A GOOD DAYS FISHING THEN FISH ON SYCAMORE YOU WILL CATCH ALL DAY AS VIC AND PETE FOUND OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.