Whisker all terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob172cup

Im sure i read on here somwhere you can get the new Daiwa whisker for 1300 quid but i cant find one for that price can anyone help?

Chin

because the RRP isnt that cheap if you ring around you will probably find one for about 1350, ive held one and its awesome!

Chin

honestly mick, theyre really really really good for the money. there good with a normal number four in, but when you put the short four in its argueably as good as the tournament.

Micky G

no brains!
matey said it came off same mandrel or part of it to do with the tourny or something like next best thing to a tourny, like i said we see tonight, im hoping to be impressed, he says beats a 371 maver, if it suits me then we be fine, some poles do some dont,
ive no doubt it be quality kit anyway being daiwa,

Fisky

I've had one for a couple of months now. If you're paying 1300, or even 1400, you will not find a better pole anywhere for that money

Jibs

Originally posted by Fisky

I've had one for a couple of months now. If you're paying 1300, or even 1400, you will not find a better pole anywhere for that money

How does it compare to your most recent pole, and what was it?

Thanks.
[;)]

neal666

check out the G8 as well!
i checked them both out at the same time and there is nothing in it in terms of quality, stiffness and balance and its a tad cheaper 1100. suppose it depends if you want a "more" power orientated pole or not. i would even say the torny pro is not noticeably better than the whisker and G8.

oh and the G8 is slighty lighter 1375g to the 1380g of the whisker [;)] more spares with the whisker package though.

Rob172cup

ive held the whisker and g8 next to each other and at 13m there isnt a difference really but at 14m and 16m you can tell the whisker is very good, im just trying to find the cheapist place to get one!!!

Micky G

no brains!
mmmm, i really like it, straight as you like at 14.4 with short 4, very tempted to buy it,

Micky G

no brains!
yeah i know, very tempting, but after reading all the advice on here, im taking time out to try out all i can, even if it means travelling to do so,a lot of money hard earned to part with and i wanna make an informed choice on my preferences alone,and get the deal i want etc

Rob172cup

thats the best thing to do ive looked at a few and cant find one better for the money there is still a couple i want to look at but i think ive made my mind up[:D]

Micky G

no brains!
well i say it was worth the travelling to waggle a few poles today, the g995 done it for me,[:D][:D][:D]

Micky G

no brains!
yes was 1800, and yes it was 300 quid better than the whisker,better spares package too overall, lovely finish as well, had it up against elite 47 and the whisker and gis 2 91, but as weve all said its a very personal thing, so to me it was worth the effort to try all what i wanted and choose and be happy with my purchase[:)]

slf

NUFC
they seem to be a nice pole seen one the other day good value for money

Status
Not open for further replies.