which virus checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

Hull,Afghanistan
ive had a pc about 3 month now and still have no virus checker in place......ive been told nortons is a safe bet...when i get 1 would this detect any hidden viruses already in place...i dont think this is the case but u never no....the only think that worrys me is maybe off kazza music files....is norton the answer then ???

Polepot

Poles
Ian,

I use Norton and think it is excellent. If you want to try it for free you can download it from their Web Site and have a fifteen day trial.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

G

Ian i use the norton anti virus, no problems with it at all.

Have a look at the FREEBIES forum, you might see some thing that grabs your eye..

Oh and welcome to the M/Ds[:D][:D][:D]

catch me if u can
Andy,

david platt

Fusilier
Hi Ian,
I use AVG got it for 25-00
I have had no problems useing it
and it has protected my Pc from
all the latest viruses,
also it sends you regular updates
david[;)]

lanc

MALC

I also run AVG and as David as said it does a great job.

If you check the FREEBIES FORUM you'll find a link to a free download of the programme.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
AVG, a free down load works for me

chill out go fishing

MrsM

Hi
we use McAfee and you get updates on the net when required had no problems I have recently upgraded to version 7 which you can't even get in this country it also comes with a firewall built in
Free is nice but not always the best

Maria

Moderating the MODS

Beebs

I bought my PC last year and it had MacAfee as its supplied Anti-Virus software and it has been a complete pain in the arse. When it decides to inform you that you are entitled to free upgrades for X months, you know its shafted, because when this message used to come up at start up, the Upate wouldn't work. I've had to factory reset the PC a number of times to get the Anti-virus to work again.

I have moved the PC to my girlfriends flat and had to factory reset it again. This wiped all my up to date virus definitions. I tried last night to update them and after about 20 minutes (113 definitions to load) just before the end it bombs out. 3 times I tried it, each time the same.

My missus has now decided to take an interest in the Internet, so I wanted some decent protection, so last night I bought a downloadable copy of Norton's (like the one I use in work with no trouble at all) 5 hours later (pheew!!!) it had finished downloading (64megs at phone line speed). I am now cacking it when the phone bill comes in. Whether it is any better remains to be seen, but MacAfee has been consigned to wherever rubbish software goes and Norton's is firmly on the C drive.

norm

so would you recomend Macafee beebs (lol)

i use norton and have no probs

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by norm

so would you recomend Macafee beebs (lol)

I would actually, Norm. I'd recommend it to people I don't like.[:D][:D][}:)][}:)][:p][:p]

This is all going to backfire on me though. Lately the missus has expressed a wish to come fishing with me, now she's invading my computer. IS THERE NOWHERE LEFT TO HIDE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.