Which venue

Sportsman

I am going fishing at first light on Saturday and have the choice of two lakes.

Lake 1 is where the hard fighting "mental" carp live. Last time here I had 10 carp, most 4/5lb with one going 12lb All on the pole and all caught on sweetcorn over GB, up against submerged roots.
Someone once described war as long periods of boredom with occasional bursts of frantic activity, it describes the session perfectly. long wait for a bite, but when it came you had a second to get it out of the roots before it all ended in tears. I hooked 11 and landed 10, so pretty pleased with myself. The only other fish I have caught, or seen caught, are small roach.

Lake 2 is big, 200 acres. Last weekend I had more than 40 fish on the pole, including tench, rudd, bream, but mostly skimmer. All on sweetcorn over GB as well. A few weeks ago I fluked a 20lb carp, but that was a one off.

So, do I go for the excitement of the mental carp, or the satisfaction of a nice net of mixed silvers? Which would you choose?

Last edited:

OLD SCHOOL

Go to the one that has the least amount of anglers, 200 acres, sounds great to me,the bigger the better, who knows whats swimming round in there and it couldn't have been emptied by the 2 legged otters.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
I am going fishing at first light on Saturday and have the choice of two lakes.

Lake 1 is where the hard fighting "mental" carp live. Last time here I had 10 carp, most 4/5lb with one going 12lb All on the pole and all caught on sweetcorn over GB, up against submerged roots.
Someone once described war as long periods of boredom with occasional bursts of frantic activity, it describes the session perfectly. long wait for a bite, but when it came you had a second to get it out of the roots before it all ended in tears. I hooked 11 and landed 10, so pretty pleased with myself. The only other fish I have caught, or seen caught, are small roach.

Lake 2 is big, 200 acres. Last weekend I had more than 40 fish on the pole, including tench, rudd, bream, but mostly skimmer. All on sweetcorn over GB as well. A few weeks ago I fluked a 20lb carp, but that was a one off.

So, do I go for the excitement of the mental carp, or the satisfaction of a nice net of mixed silvers? Which would you choose?
Which ever has most shade 😎

Sportsman

Go to the one that has the least amount of anglers, 200 acres, sounds great to me,the bigger the better, who knows whats swimming round in there and it couldn't have been emptied by the 2 legged otters.
I will be amazed if there is anyone else on either of them

Sportsman

Lake 2 sounds idyllic.
Lake 2 "Barrage de Mialet"
mia.png

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Well said that man 👍