Which Top Kit To Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branny

OK, this is a real numpty question......

I've got a Garbolino Margin Pole and a MAP TKS 125 for longer work.

For both poles the the match kits are elasticated at 10 and the power kits at 16.

I've only used the MAP pole twice so far as I wanted to get confident with a shorter pole first. My concern is that I don't want to wreck either pole by 'getting it wrong'.

Under which scenario(s) should I be using the Match Kit and Power Kits?

As always, any help much appreciated.

Thanks
B

Last edited:

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
Take the number 1's out of the match kit and it will handle most fish.

The TKS will be ok as i have had fish up to 10lb on 10 hollow in the match kit with the no 1 removed.They take a bit of getting in but i use a pulla bung too take up some laccy.

Branny

Thanks Nemesis. But I am going to look really stupid now.....

I'm not really sure what you mean by taking the number 1 out of the match kit. Can you explain please?

Thanks
B

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
In the TKS the match kit has three sections.

The number one has 3.0mm extenal 4/6 elastic 3.8mm external 6/8 elastic 4.25mm external 10 elastic written on it.

Remove this and just bush the two sections left and elasticate them. [:T]

BBE555

bbe555
Right on the power kits you will find you have 2 sections that are push over . Right the match kit you will find there are 3 sections as the thin end will be telesopic and will be about 1 too 2 foot long . You push and drop this out of the pole and then bush the end of the the second section and hey you have a another power kit almost . I had the the map tks 40 and yes the match kit with number 1 removed will handle anything as i had some right lumps out with it .

Branny

Thanks for the advice gents.

I understand now. Checked on the pole and can see what you mean.

I had it elasticated in the shop but it looks like a simple case of firstly removing the elastic and winder etc, then removing the top part (with the writing on)and putting the elastic back in. The only thing it looks like I will need is a bigger bush but I can get that from the tackle shop.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
You may want to get a diamond eye puller too, that is what you use to thread the elastic through the sections, there is a guide to elasticating poles on the forums here:

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/13993

you probably wont have to cut back the number 2 section as you should be able to find a bush to fit it if you take that section to your tackle shop. When you get to the topic from the link above simply click the blue writing where it says 'how to elasticate a pole' and use the information there :)

BBE555

bbe555
correct the bushes are i think 3.4 or 3.5 but make sure they are a tightish fit as you don,t want too glue them. as you may want to use the match kit again or when you come to sell the pole someone else might want too so you can remove and number one goes back in .

Status
Not open for further replies.