Which side pullas?

Jonny w

Hi guys looking to install side pulla‘s to my tops, was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations, seen alot of fellas on the bank last year using the round Preston ones and rectangle browning ones and they looked good, and Other recommendations would be appreciate, thanks

Griffo

Site Supporter
Hi Jonny

Both good but only any use if your pole already has reinforced wrap where you want to drill them in, if not there's another on the market that comes with a plastic sleeve to put over the pole section first, cannot for the life of me think of its name, but was a thread on here about them not long ago.

crocky

just a addition to this forum are the vespe side pulla kits any good as i don`t have reinforcements on my top kits and have to use bottom pulla kit

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
just a addition to this forum are the vespe side pulla kits any good as i don`t have reinforcements on my top kits and have to use bottom pulla kit
Nothing wrong with bottom puller kits, just not fashionable 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Jonny w

Hi Jonny

Both good but only any use if your pole already has reinforced wrap where you want to drill them in, if not there's another on the market that comes with a plastic sleeve to put over the pole section first, cannot for the life of me think of its name, but was a thread on here about them not long ago.
Yeah my tops all have the reinforcement on the first and second section For the drilling, so should be ok.

Jonny w

Had a good look around on flee bay etc.. and the browning ones are far cheaper then the Prestons, you can get 2 browning ones for about 3 quid were the prestons are about 8 quid each, does anyone know if the prestons are worth the extra money, or should I just get the cheaper brownings?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have been using the Preston pullers for a few years now, can’t fault them, easy to fit (easier than the Browning) when using the Preston fitting kit - drill and abrasive stone.

Jonny w

I have been using the Preston pullers for a few years now, can’t fault them, easy to fit (easier than the Browning) when using the Preston fitting kit - drill and abrasive stone.
Yep that’s what put me off the browning ones, apparently you need to cut out a little rectangle to install them, did not fancy that, though it might weaken the tops, do you use the standard preston pullas or the rolla pullas? I also hear good things about the middy pull it kit, also the installation hole is only 5mm, they look very simple also which I like, any idea what there like?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yep that’s what put me off the browning ones, apparently you need to cut out a little rectangle to install them, did not fancy that, though it might weaken the tops, do you use the standard preston pullas or the rolla pullas? I also hear good things about the middy pull it kit, also the installation hole is only 5mm, they look very simple also which I like, any idea what there like?
I have tried Frenzee - good but you need to cut a slot. Map - no issues, but not as smooth as the Preston roller pullers.

I wouldn’t worry about the 10mm hole if the kit is wrapped, just never hold it below the puller with the elastic bottomed out - but I’d suggest that is common sense with any drilled kit.

Daiwa kits are one of the smallest dias and I (along with many others) have never had an issue with the Preston rollers.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
put map ones in mine as it only needed a7mm hole, I do have a Preston margin pole with the roller pullas and they are much smoother than the map ones

Jonny w

Hi again cheers for all the reply’s, I’ve ended of ordering 1 Preston rolla kit and 1 middy pull it kit to see which type i get on best with, the Preston one looks more advanced, the middy one is made of pure P.T.F.E so less friction and so on, plus only needs a 5mm hole, they both seem very highly rated so can’t lose really, thanks again