Which side do you have your bait tray?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm just wondering as I used to have it on my right side, surely left side is common sense when fishing a pole?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I use two on the trusty Boss box

the one on the left is smaller than the one on the right and has deeper walls, this is the "Bits" tray, holding scissors, loop tyer, disgorgers, pellet banders, baccy tin and coffee cup,

the right hand one is larger and near flat, it holds 6 2 pint sized fox bait boxes,

feed with my right hand, swapping the pole between either hand while doing so, the reason for this is I have lost my index finger on my left hand and the ring finger is frozen curled and has no movement, due to an industrial accident as an apprentice, makes it kinda hard to feed a pinch

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Left, strange how I only started using one a few years ago {I`m a bit behind the times} now I feel lost without one.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I always had it on my right and would lean over with my left hand, pole under my right elbow, pouch pinched in right hand. Judging from the responses I'm going to have to put having the bait tray on the same side as your strong hand as being a 'sign of a novice angler'.

matti

Site Supporter
On the left hand side, I've already got enough stuff I dont need on the other

bricky72

Site Supporter
I’m left handed but I have bait tray on right hand side fish pole on left but land fish in my right hand my landing net on left
fish rod and line in right hand as @Gutsy and @Kirtons have said if we have coaching day the coach will end up in nut house watching me fish as everything is wrong to look at but I’m comfortable ( not like I catch much anyway) can loose feed with either hand to about 7/8 meters
Got taught by old man as kid fish right handed as he was and saved altering reels to suit me ( was his excuse) but with pole was self taught and that’s why left handed and tray on right

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Left side being left handed but fish with my right, just to be awkward :)