Which seatbox?

Does anyone have any recommendations of a seatbox that is more suited to rod and reel fishing? Most boxes I see seem tailored to pole fishing with the shallow drawers for winders, I've tried fishing a pole and really cant get away with it, but I like the idea of a seat box with all your tackle to hand easily, anyone have any suggestions?

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
There are too many to mention but you can narrow it down. How much roughly do you want to spend? Do you want a used box or new? There are some great used boxes with loads of add ons. What type of venues will you be fishing be it a even platform or a sloping river bank? Will you need to walk far or can you park behind your peg? lots of the boxes are very heavy and a trolly is needed to move them more than a few meters.

It probably seems like quite a lot to consider but a good box will have you fishing comfortably and if you shop about it wont break the bank

Last edited:

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Something that is sold as a Feeder box like the Matrix F25 would probably suit you best as the draws are deeper so you will not have lots of pole winder trays that might be a bit shallow for general gear.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I use a Matchbox and most of my fishing is running line, I can get everything I need in it, it is very stable for a relatively small box, light enough to carry and well put together with quality materials ( not a lot of plastic in evidence? Also you won't need a second mortgage to buy it

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I was looking at boxes today, with Christmas in mind for my lad. Had a look at a matrix S25. I would say this is the perfect box for the General/Rod angler. Deep drawers etc. Under £300 if you shop around

JR Hartley

Interesting this subject has come up in currently having Ding dongs with a major tackle company regarding a seat box that I purchased earlier this year. Now I’ve been waiting for parts for nearly 12 weeks and they say the parts are available and will be with me shortly. The box is fantastic as in design and for all I need but I wouldn’t ever buy one of there boxes ever again as the parts seem to be a major issue. I won’t name the company just yet but they really have let themselves down.

feldri

Site Supporter
After having a Rive since the late eighties I was looking for something new myself. I asked on here and got a load of recommendations.
I finally went for the matrix S25. Of course, using octoplus legs and attachments on the Rive it meant I had to get new attachments for the Matrix.
I got a few and then went on their website to have a look for more. I found a feeder seat which just clipped on like the pole seat and it swivelled 360 degrees. Got my local tackle shop to order it and to be honest it is the best bit of kit I've bought.
I used it the other day when feeder fishing and kept it on the box when I changed to waggler. It was the first day I've come home from fishing in years and not had a bad back. The backrest was brilliant whilst fishing. Instead of leaning forward all the time I was able to sit upright with support for my back, and instead of twisting on my seat to reach certain things I just rotated the seat. Brilliant piece of kit and fits all their boxes.

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
I was looking at boxes today, with Christmas in mind for my lad. Had a look at a matrix S25. I would say this is the perfect box for the General/Rod angler. Deep drawers etc. Under £300 if you shop around
Love my S25, had it for about 6 years and just bought another one (as a back up ?).
Leg clamps have just been replaced on my original one, and it’s as good as new again ?
New model looks ok and it looks just as sturdy, so you’re on a winner there mate.