Which pulla roller for Daiwa Match kit?

BlueKoi

Been looking at a few threads on here about pulla rollers on the Daiwa match kits and can see that a lot of people don't recommend the preston due to the size of the hole needed. What are people using in their match kits instead?

I used the esselle carbon wrap kit and did two wraps on each top kit. I was surprised with how easy it was, I started on one of my old daiwa power tops and then continued on my tournament match kits.

Paul.P

Have to say, although the hole for the preston looks flippin big once its machined out, i personally haven't seen a section break at this point, although i'm sure there are somewhere. The thing is if you use a slotted bush like the browning, garbolino, frenzee & daiwa, then i'm pretty sure you will take away more carbon than the 10mm hole for the preston. I think if the strengthening wrap has been done properly you shouldn't have a problem. I personally use the browning & preston bushes on elastic up to 14 hollow, & on anything above ( which is in my margin pole ) i will use the middy or colmic side puller bush in conjunction with the maver easy cone filler which has a wheel like the preston, but is much beefier, it takes a bit of faffing around to get it to fit correctly but once fitted is the smoothest running system i've come across, & there ain't many i haven't tried.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I put Middy puller bushes in my Sensas & Shimano poles. Wrapped them with carbon first & drilled a 5mm hole which the bush slots into nicely.