Which Pole?

sammi001

Looking to buy one of the following:

MAP 401 3g
Maver Performance 14.5
MAP C2 carp pole

I fish no more than 11m but want a bit extra if I get a run and so it’s nice and straight at 11m. I tend to fish open waters for carp or in the margins.

Thoughts please? :)

tedstriker

Site Supporter
the c2 looks like it is a replacement for the map carp 2 that was brought out a few years ago, how big are the fish you are looking at?

tedstriker

Site Supporter
if i was looking at a new pole it would be between the 2 map poles, the c2 i would think is going to be beefier and slightly heavier due to it being a carp pole but would probably give you a bit more confidence if you are targeting double figure fish, are you able to get to an alley and see them before you buy ?

sammi001

Tbh I spoke to stevo at Apollo angling at marsh farm fishery. He’s a great guy even said I can have a fish with the poles before I buy!! Where else can you get that?

I’m never gonna fish 16m and only to 11m. He highly recommends the 401-3G! I also always fish open water paste on the bottom or the margins for carp!

Steve47

I would go for the c2,it will do you for margin and short paste work without worrying about breakages and you can always pick up extra topkits for map poles off eBay if you wanted more

solwood

Site Supporter
Sam nice to have another southerner. Are you also a member of Godalming Angling?

Steve And the team are great.