which pole rollers

Andy the grandad

Stress is caused by not fishing enough.
Site Supporter
Can someone give me advice and point me in the direction on pole rollers.
The lake I fish most, has wooden platforms that are lower than the bank by a good few inches and the banks are very narrow in places, so most of the time I have to breakdown twice.
I currently have two boss rock and rollers but when breaking down twice the first part of the pole disappears over the back, I think I need one of the double rollers but they are very expensive. Any advice welcome on Brand and style.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Andy the grandad
Can't you put one roller at the back of the other but parallel to the bank slope? Break down once to top kit then use a pole sock to the front to stop the pole disappearing backwards. Some of the banks on our club waters are similar to what you describe and I have to use 2 Daiwa rock 'n' rollers this way.

Andy the grandad

Site Supporter
@Andy the grandad
Can't you put one roller at the back of the other but parallel to the bank slope? Break down once to top kit then use a pole sock to the front to stop the pole disappearing backwards. Some of the banks on our club waters are similar to what you describe and I have to use 2 Daiwa rock 'n' rollers this way.
that's an idea?

Andy the grandad

Site Supporter
It's assuming that you have room towards the back of the peg(s) to accommodate the rest of the pole once broken down from top 2. You didn't mention length.
some pegs i have about 5 or 6 metres behind me

ukzero1

Site Supporter
some pegs i have about 5 or 6 metres behind me

And length of pole? Some of our pegs have small gaps in hedges at the back of the pegs that members have created so when shipping back the pole goes through the gap. Most fish at around 11 metres to 13 metres and use 2 rollers for shipping back. The weight on the back of the pole lifts the front (top 2 removed) and when put in a pole sock, the front lifts up and the pole sock traps it.

Total

Site Supporter
@Andy the grandad .....I fish a couple of venues where I have the same problem.....Personally, I found the double rollers you mentioned are the best answer....Cheaper than broken sections etc...

If you can wait a couple of weeks, KND are expecting new deliveries of their double pole rollers, these may/may not meet your price point and come well recommended (y)

Blue EVA Pole Fishing Roller Superb Quality UKs Best Value

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Total

They seem a good price. I use 2 of these depending on which peg I'm on, and some are steep from platform to back of peg.

1570485107136.png

Total

Site Supporter
@ukzero1 ......Another good solution mate, and knowing the price you paid for those rollers, a decent acquisition. (y)

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@ukzero1 ......Another good solution mate, and knowing the price you paid for those rollers, a decent acquisition. (y)

Oh they weren't cheap mate, the asking price on the local car boot was £50 the pair...I haggled down to £40. (one of them didn't have it's original bag) :giggle:. They're about £80 each in local tackle shop, when they have them in.

Andy the grandad

Site Supporter

Total

Site Supporter
@Andy the grandad ......You know the height of the banks on your venue mate, and the sizes on the KND site are fairly accurate for each roller to suit your venue......Saying that Andy, I opted for the Extra height version for myself to suit my venues (I match fish etc) and have had no regrets on buying them. (y)

The only extra thing I may add, is check to see they will fit within your luggage/carryall or budget like I did for a pole roller carryall for the larger version, to which was a Maver version, approx' £27 delivered from BOB.Co

Total

Site Supporter
That's one reason I went for the Daiwa ones. They fit in my carryall.

Funny thing was though Pete, the two bigger KND versions did fit in my carryall , but I felt the extra pole roller carryall offed me a simpler solution and space to also fit in the metalwork attachments etc, etc

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
I just missed an absolute bargain last night. 2 x Preston XL rollers for £60
Wish I’d seen the add earlier

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
I use KDN pole rollers 2 extra high and 1 middle size they do very good value for the money .

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Another vote for the KND Rollers. good value for the money. I've got a pair of the large Hi leg rollers that I'm more than happy with.. :upthumb: