Which Pellets to Fish the Method

Kali

I'm trying to reduce my weekly expenditure on our beloved pastime, so I bought a 15kg bag of Coppens 2mm pellets for my method-feeder work. Trouble is I find they go to mush way too easily (only dip them for 15-30sec) and I'm always trying to dig out the mush from the feeder each time.
Just wondered if this is normal (I've only been fishing this way for the past year) or are there better pellets out there that can be bought in bulk?

rudd

Site Supporter
Skettering 2mm, trouble with any pellet is that all batches are different.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
These days, I often have to use Fishery Own pellets. :(

I have a large reserve bag of these, which I use up whenever I visit a pond where I am not being ripped off.

Steve47

Never had any problems with skrettings,went to a venue where you had to use their pellets and they were coppens,gave them a quick soak for about 20 secs and they turned to mush.next time I went I drained them straight off which made them better but I wouldn't buy them unless I had to.suppose if I used them regular I would find the right method but always buy skrettings in bulk know what I'm getting

marcusp

Skrettings are the only pellet to use on the method as youve found out coppens are useless. Unfortunately skrettings are getting harder to get now theyve pulled out the Uk and another 6 months or so you will only be able to buy coppens

Cod

Site Supporter
I use fin perfect pellets 4mm and 2 mm. soak 1 minute per millimetre. I have had the odd bag that have gone to mush but the vast majority have been great.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
If I can
Micros 50/50 Coppens / Skrettings
4mm Coppens ( just cover with water and fridge the night before )