Which pellet waggler rod ?

Fishfreak62

Hi everyone,
This my first post.
I've just got back into the sport after a break of nearly 20 years and I can't believe how things have changed, the pellet waggler didn't exist and the method was just coming in to use when I last used to go !
Most of my fishing was as a club angler fishing matches on canals, rivers and some lakes, but not too many commercials, I'am now spoilt for choice regarding commercials and have spent the summer catching fantastic bags of carp including many double figure fish and a couple of 20s.
Although I've been using my lovely old Tricast XRS 13ft match, I now feel I want to try something new in 11ft.
Sadly I don't think my budget will stretch to another Tricast as it will probably be about £100, I've only looked online at the moment but I quite like the look of the Drennan Vertex 11ft Pellet Waggler or perhaps the Preston Monster X Pellet Waggler, has anyone tried either of these ? or can anyone please advise me of any other decent rods in this price range ?

Many thanks
Stuart

Dusty

Hi everyone,
This my first post.
I've just got back into the sport after a break of nearly 20 years and I can't believe how things have changed, the pellet waggler didn't exist and the method was just coming in to use when I last used to go !
Most of my fishing was as a club angler fishing matches on canals, rivers and some lakes, but not too many commercials, I'am now spoilt for choice regarding commercials and have spent the summer catching fantastic bags of carp including many double figure fish and a couple of 20s.
Although I've been using my lovely old Tricast XRS 13ft match, I now feel I want to try something new in 11ft.
Sadly I don't think my budget will stretch to another Tricast as it will probably be about £100, I've only looked online at the moment but I quite like the look of the Drennan Vertex 11ft Pellet Waggler or perhaps the Preston Monster X Pellet Waggler, has anyone tried either of these ? or can anyone please advise me of any other decent rods in this price range ?

Many thanks
Stuart

Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum ?
I use a browning commercial king for my carp wag fishing. I’ve had fish to almost 20lb on it and find it terrific.

I think it’s discontinued now but I would imagine this is similar if not better ?

Kev86

Hi and welcome, I have been using the Daiwa Ninja and for the price it is an excellent rod.

Kev

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
As @Kev86 says, you can't go wrong with the Daiwa Ninja pellet waggler, there's worse rods out there for the same money. Available in 11' and 12'.

Arch

Site Supporter
I've got a Yank and Bank 11' extra power pellet waggler I'm willing to sell if you're interested. I bought it early this year and it hasn't had much use. 4 or 5 outings.

Last edited:

Fishfreak62

Thank you to you all for your replies.
I'll check out your suggestions, I've had a few Daiwa rods in the past and they've always been good.
Arch, thanks for your offer, I'm not sure the extra power version of the rod is quite what I'll be looking for, I'm going to check out some rods in the shops, but if I think it'll be suitable I'll be in touch.
I'll probably be looking to match whatever I get with a new reel, so might be asking for a few suggestions about that too.

Cheers
Stuart