which ones most important for ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
hi fellas making the sacred journey to the promissed land emerald isle end of the month got some cash for gear which to buy a platform or a foot plate and a free standing grounbait stand ie browning need some suggestions and places with good ones to look at may be a web site so come on lads in my hour of need cannot sleep wi mulling it over 24/7 you no how it is [:(][?][}:)][:D]

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Hi, Stuart I don't have either a platform or a footplate or a free standing g/bait stand and I always manage. A good pair of waders or wellies will do, save your money for the Guinness. I would term those items you mention as "your choice" but no need to go O.T.T. just 'cos it's Ireland.!!
Don't know where your going tho', why do you think you need 'em??

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

G

Stuart,

Would you use a platform at a home venue ??????[?]

As for Ireland,i use both my box and platform,the platform comes in handy for all the extra groundbait,bait etc,also for when there is no peg persay, where you cannot get your box out.

I mean for the bigger groundbait bowl BTW [;)]

I use my platform at home,on the big natural lakes.

And have a good time over at Ireland [:D][:D][:D][:D].

Have you seen Roppa's post WHO'S OFF TO IRELAND, there might be some M/Ds going over this weekend

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,
Datafile3.asp

Last edited:

TINY

Tiny
Alright Stuart...If you really need a platform have a good look round and I`ll bet you can pick one up for about 20/25 quid 2nd hand or a brand new one for around 35.00[:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

Apache

Look in a local ads paper under leisure/sports for a start or ask at your local tackle shop

Tight Lines,

Matt
DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
If youre walking to them pegs at lisney mate ditch everything u can,it kills u.dont fish to close to the big rock go passed 10 yds 4 good pegs!the secrets out.Tight lines Neil.

MrC

I have both. and if i fancy standing i use the platform, but if i fancy sitting i have a 6 leg box platform, dont know what i would do without them in Ireland. Remember the weather can get bad and being comfortable is important and can mean having a good day and bad day. If I could only afford 1 i would go with the platfrom, but its the 1 thing i wouldnt go to ireland without.!!cheers Mal.

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
cheers lads for the info firstly mr c were did you get your six leg platform from and tiny have you got any in your shop any pics would be good got three weeks to get organised and finally neil would it be better for a barrow system to get to them pegs at lisney mate????

scales

Vinny
I have the fisheasy 6 leg folding platform and its a great bit of kit. its available from castaway tackle try www.castawayfishing.f9.co.uk/itm01667.htm its 75 which is only a fiver more than I paid for mine 6 years ago and its still as good as new !!

cheers,

Vinny,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
4 by 4 tractor stuart.sent u the email of paddys place.wish i was coming,just cancelled lanesborough for next year been let down,so its back to killeshandra late june.Tight lines Neil[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]may the bream go mad

Triturus

Most important thing is a good brolly, otherwise you'll get severe backache platform or not. I didn't and I did.if you see what I mean.

Neil

scales

Vinny
An' a pegging down kit for yer brolly....a must !!

cheers,

Vinny,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Deff a brolly & dood waders. rivers qite often up, lakes quite often up and it rains.....and rains....enjoy

Datafile4.asp

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Stu just been on badger classics on line they do a platform for 29.99 ,Looks ok.i think its des taylors outfit.Tight lines Neil

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Stu have a look at the groundbait tray with rain cover,loogs good.Tight lines Neil

MrC

6 Leg box platform is from fish easy.. from castaway.. its great for sitting out in the water, not much use for anything else. But a great buy.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.