which one of these poles are better

Status
Not open for further replies.

pole king

i have some money to spend i want to no wot pole to buy for 1500 arther the map parabolix or the new maver competition 371

Simple

Sikea
And me, but I have a maver messiah already and am Happy with it. The 371 would be a nice upgrade. I don't know much about the MAP but I know the 371 feels nice [:)] What it performs like with a 10lb lump on the end though is another story [:D]

methodgob

yoda
The Parabolix!Feels a stronger pole.Wether it is or not only you can find out by giving them both some welly!The maver is lighter though.Depends what you want from your pole.

Rich Rev

Yorkshire's finest
Are you limited only to the choice of the two poles mentioned, or are you prepared to consider other models?

strat2

map anydays but shop around.. tbh i would look at a speedmaster its poular with everyone atm

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
You could buy A Garbolino Super Legion for around 1275 if you shop around. I have just got one and really like the feel and the spares package is very good.

Of the two you mentioon I would go for the MAP, I haven't heard a bad thing about it........ unlike Maver where EVERYONE has a 'it snapped when I looked at it' story[:(]

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
What about having alook at a daiwa? You could get an all terrain for that kind of money then you can get top kits for 45 and be safe in the knowlage that you can upgrade in a couple of years to another daiwa and use all the same kits.

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by Cybermanc
Of the two you mentioon I would go for the MAP, I haven't heard a bad thing about it........ unlike Maver where EVERYONE has a 'it snapped when I looked at it' story[:(]

Can I bring your attention to this recent thread [}:)]

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/56865

floatfisher

Site Supporter
I had a Maver Medusa for 5 years without a problem and have had a Maver Distinction for the last 12 months and taken carp to over 16lbs on it. My lad has been using the Medusa since I got the Distinction and not had any problem either.Personally I can't see why some people seem to knock the Maver poles at every opportunity.

strat2

super legion are amazing poles !! if u have 1500 knocking around i would go for a g8 conny tbh for 1000 then buy more topkits

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Here we go, Maver bashing again lol!!

Ive had a Maver pole for over a year now, and its fine.

I know a couple of people who have MAP poles, and they have NOT been happy. One guy had his Adrenalin number 5 snap in a light breeze while plumbing up, and another has had 4 number 4s snap over the last couple of months for no apparent reason

Im not slating MAP. I also know guys that have the old M16's and never had a problem.
I think alot of it is down to personal prefference. My choice would be the Maver, but if you have that sort of money, as Gazmalman says, the All Terrain is a fantastic pole, and the spares package is great.

Also, you get a very good after sales service from Daiwa.Plus 2 years warranty. Maver only do 6 months!

scttsman04

maver all the way, i had one and was in awe of the sheer power and strength they have!

tench tastic

Map parabolix, had mine a year, had no problem at all given it some stick and landed big carp as well

Gazhilla

Pasted to Death
Had my parabloix since it first came out, only problems have been MY fault. Its strong, stiff and light and great value. Not seen the new maver so will not comment on that but there is so much flying around about 'this poles cr*p' and 'this other pole is cr*p' by people who spend more time listening to gossip than finding out the truth. I still have my medusa which comes out for snag pits and real hauling but had had double figure fish no problem on the MAP.

I have a mate who has literally broken every section on his T Pro and would still not have any other pole, its fished with 3-4 days a week every week of the year. All i can say is try both and see what suits, I would not even ask on here as there are too many differing views.

Rant over I'm off for a beer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.