Which Line??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

Who can recommend a good monofilament line in the 12-15lb BS range that doesn't uncoil itself from your spool the minute the line goes slack !

What I'm looking for is something that is supple, low stretch and resistant to 'birds nesting' but not braid.

Cheers, Dave

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Dave I use and swear by diawa sensor. I use it from 6lb to 15lb bs When ever I put new line on a reel the first cast is made with a big leger and a big chuck, if possible walking backwards after. Aim to get out as much line as possible then reel in under tension.
If there is a tendancy for it to still spring off attach the line to an immovable object tree fence etc walk away paying out the line then apply some pressure to stretch the line then reel back on.

chill out go fishing

angler-mark

Hi Dave,

At the minute I use Shimano line for all my Barbel fishing and have found it to be very good in strengh and diameter, Archie braddock has recently told me that he is using a line that Kevin Nash has in his range, it is called " Bullet" and up to now is proving very good and is very strong and cuts through weed like a knife, so it is ideal for Barbel and Carp fishing. I think you can get a bulk spool for around a tenner or just over and comes in several sizes. It is stocked by "Walkers of Trowel" and they do a mail order service, but I'm sure most tackle shops will be able to supply it. Apparently it is as good as, or better than the Pro Gold that he normally uses. I have tried braid but prefer mono lines because they are a bit more frgiving than the braids.

Tight Lines

Mark

darryl

i use shimano technium line in the 12lb bracket it has half the stetch of normal mono and more sretch and more forgiving than braid it`s on offer at castaway tackle lincon mail order in most comics 6.99 400 meter spool`s

angler-mark

Darryl, I use the same line but in 10lbs and have never had a problem with it. icon_smile.gif

I recieved your e-mail but can't reply to you, it comes back as saying it is undeliverable mail. icon_smile_sad.gif Sorry but I've tried 4 times.
Trev is getting the directions from Barry I think. The moat is full of silver fish and suggests the pole.

Tight Lines

Mark

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Dave,

Got to agree with esox re the Daiwa Sensor.Use it for all method and bagging waggler work but never as a hooklength.Too stiff for my liking.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

Simon R

Site Supporter
Dave

I use Spiderline Super Mono in 8 & 10lb breaking strains although unfortunately I don't think you can buy it in this country (I got it in the States last year) Its very limp and supple and it just doesn't seem to wear out.

I also use Berkeley Trilene XL in 12lb breaking strain (the XL standing for eXtra Limp) which I'm fairly sure you can buy over here. You get 300 yards on a spool and I paid about $6 for it, although I suspect it might be a good deal more over here.

Tight Lines

Simon

G

I use diawa sensor for my sea reels 18lb, never had any problem with it,even over rough ground, had a go of the diawa tournament not as good as the sensor IMHO.
Got some direct mono as yet i have not used it so i cannot comment on it.

i'm going to bait up
Andy

crusty

Hi Dave,

I've found the Shimano technium in grey is pretty good for surface work, the colours good for matching the sky, its tough and low stretch. you can usually find it discounted as well, it comes in a silver tin.

I use the Kevin Nash Bullet line when I have no choise but to fish sub-surface, it seems pretty pliable yet tough, but I did have a problem with it chaffing when I was fishing over rough ground, after every fish, sorry, the fish, I had to strip off twenty yards,
but then its only a tenner, bulk spool.

crusty,

ifynciyncatchit

hoppy

hoppy
Hi Dave, a line I recommend and have used as a main line for years is Maxima Chameleon, it's lovely and supple, good knot strength, and it stands up to a lot of abrasion tooicon_smile_wink.gif good luck and all the best...hoppyicon_smile_cool.gif

TTFN

Larry

Lazarus
Dave, the lad i a bought my daiwa infinities a well known Midland's carp angler uses Suffix Synergy he say's Humberside Angling Centre are doing a special offer at 9.99 for a bulk spool of all line breaking stengths.

Cheer's Larry

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone and thanks for the advice,

I had a quick rush around my local shop before heading off to Wales and bought a 1160m spool of 12lb Daiwa Sensor for the unbelievable price of 6.99 !
Must say that I was quite impressed with it over the weekend icon_smile.gif

Cheers, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.