Which laggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Hi Baz,

Lacky is very much like line and a personal thing.

It's not just a case of Hydro or "Normal" as IMHO there is no such thing as normal lacky.

Every make is a little bit different to another as one make will stretch more than another.

Then you have the Latex and now the Dual cone as well.

It's a case of trying them out and finding which suits you in certain circumstances.

Personally in sizes 1 to 3 i use the old original Zim, size 4 to 6 i use Preston Flouro and 8 to 20 i favour Preston Original, all tend to act differently.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
baz, it all depends on the venue and the method IMO, i think you will need to have both set up unless you only fish one venue! i have black and white hydro and 14 and 16 laccy! hydro stretches soooo far that in certain situations i would use laccy to control the fish and like malc i use preston laccy

Ian White

Big E
Baz,
Ive allways used the normal fox stuff
but it does depened on your style of fishing
Dual core also could be wourh a look .
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

TINY

Tiny
Ive always used your basic normal everyday elastic.Kamasan or Middy,but it is down to personal preference.

Andy.

Dervaig

I was advised not to use the Hydro when fishing close to snags as it stretches too much.

Dervaig

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
For all my carping i use the Drennan power-glo in sizes 10 & upwards.
For the rest i use good old Preston Fluro.
Hydrolastic?????????? the jury's still out as far as i'm concerned,i've always found it a shade too stretchy.
But i've heard that it can be stiffened up by injecting some more fluid into it (with a syringe using slippery eel/son of a gun)so i may investigate that.[;)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

matttttt

Preton Flouro for all carp fishing. Thinking about using tje black hydro thru 1 section of my edge margin pole (so it doesn't stretch as much). But you won't go wrong with preston

Status
Not open for further replies.