Which knot would you use to attach stick float rigs?

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Seeing a facebook post with lots of ready made stick floats on winders got me thinking about the method of attachment

How would you attach them loop to loop double blood or a different type of knot?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
As long as it floats or its a long long rig, it's a bit awkward trying to pull the float over a bead ?

Yeah, go on...find the only fault. :LOL:
If the stick float is held by rubbers, then the float can be moved easily by removing the float, sliding the rubbers over the bead and putting the float back in it's rubbers. Job done. Reverse the process when packing it away. :giggle:

HALTON DANGLER

Loop to loop, I just keep hook lengths on winders as most stick floats have same width tops and stems so you can easily change floats during session if needed.

Kojak

I was wondering how you feed the hook, shot and float through the loop in the mainline!
Doh!
My loops are usually about 1/4" diameter.
Thanks! :)
Make your loop around 2” long then attach the rig with a half blood knot, making the loop long ensures that the whole thing runs through the rings with ease?

looksfishy

I was just reading this weeks AT and Dave Harrell has a bunch of premade rigs, was just thinking "I wonder what knot he uses to attach them?"

Shincs

Kojak i have just started using made up rigs this last year and I have been attaching loop to loop although a lot of lads I fish with attach them the way you described. Just wondering why a blood knot over loop to loop mate?

IanG1

Site Supporter
Kojak i have just started using made up rigs this last year and I have been attaching loop to loop although a lot of lads I fish with attach them the way you described. Just wondering why a blood knot over loop to loop mate?
I do it as you can use a really small loop on the rig and don't have to mess threading a winder through. Just snip the half blood with scissors and rigs loop is intact for next time. Also goes through rings easily.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I use loop to loop and when breaking down i push the two loops together and open one loop to put rig through, then I put the main line loop over the joint of the top section then fold the rod down still with the line on it, not having to re thread the rod every time.

Kojak

Because it’s very neat and can be trimmed right down and main thing is it’s very strong! I use the same knot to attach my mono leader to braid ?