Which is the most comfy and roomy seat box?

Andy the grandad

Stress is caused by not fishing enough.
Site Supporter
I am thinking of investing in a new seat box. I currently use a milo about 15 years old. it always feels a bit cramped when sitting on it.
Can anyone suggest a comfy box that is not for thin backsides and the footplate gives you room to move around. Plus I always carry too much tackle so I need plenty of draws etc.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Any particular budget Andy ? My mate has just treated himself to a new Preston Inseption and says its real comfy. I think he paid around £350 for it. It looks a lot bigger than my Daiwa Tournament pro.

Andy the grandad

Stress is caused by not fishing enough.
Site Supporter
Any particular budget Andy ? My mate has just treated himself to a new Preston Inseption and says its real comfy. I think he paid around £350 for it. It looks a lot bigger than my Daiwa Tournament pro.
I have not really limited myself on a budget but anything over a thousand seems really excessive.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I have not really limited myself on a budget but anything over a thousand seems really excessive.
I think the octbox d25 2019 with added trays would suit you looks absolutely brill ..I've had 2 octboxes very sturdy and well built .nothing comes out of trays or gets wet inside..I added the stainless steel clips about extra 20 but well worth it

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
I moved from a milo to a preston absolute. A heavy but fantastic boc with lots of room and solid. I have even played fish stood on it with no sign of movement. I love the look of the newer white version.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bought an Octbox in Dec 14, so 5 years on and it’s still as good as the day I bought it, can’t fault it. Wouldn’t buy any other make if I was going to replace it. Equally at home on a commercial or set up in the water with the legs at full extension.

Kev86

Hi Carp attack, I am the same as you I've got the S36 at the moment, I've looked at the XR36 it really is a cracking box, I am seriously thinking about getting one.

Kev

Simon R

Site Supporter
Don't forget to factor in the cost of an entire new set of accessories if you buy a box with 36mm legs
Could be a couple of hundred quid easily (sidetray, feeder arm, spray bar, keepnet arms, brolly clamp etc etc)

But apparently 36mm legs are essential for stability on those really uneven commercial platforms

If I ever need a marketing campaign I'm gonna track down whoever was responsible for convincing anglers that they needed fatter legs and employ him - blokes obviously a genius - or anglers are just very, very gullible. :p

Simon

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have had an Inception since they first came out, Good comfy box, not as sturdy as the Absolute Compact but a lot lighter.

Simon R

Site Supporter
If it's plenty of room you're looking for, check out the MAP H30 Competition which has a deep base unit big enough for reels, tubs of feeders or float tubes and two full-width cross drawers.

I've had mine for two years and had no issues with it - 30mm legs so all my existing accessories fit.
Good price at BobCo currently

Simon