Which is the best pole support spray bar for a seat box with 36mm legs? MAP? Preston? Matrix?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Maver Signature 👍.
26DE39FD-C975-40C4-ACE1-9651FA418608.jpeg

hombre38

hombre
Ive had a Penrose UIniversal pole Support System for at least 25 yearsand never had a problem with it. Still uising iottoday.

bricky72

Site Supporter
I’ve got a colmic one I use for canal wity footplate as the arms are very long

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
hands down the garbolino for sturdiness, proper engineered piece of kit.

Not cheap but option to connect keepnets is great.

But having tried one I decided against as I don't use one often and its another bit of kit to lug around.
I have a simple preston that is relatively light, breaks down to pack away easy and is not too expensive.

Wily Coyote

Site Supporter
Know what your saying Dave but the last time I put my keepnets lowish was at Rolf's, 7lb Carp jumped straight out, I still think it would be a bit of a struggle to lift a decent sized fish in a landing net over and into the keepnet especially for my advanced years, not sure any would fit my 19mm square legs anyway.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
TBH the only time I use a support is if fishing long on windy days - that support in the picture hasn't been used yet in anger

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
TBH the only time I use a support is if fishing long on windy days - that support in the picture hasn't been used yet in anger
Same as me , although I don’t use it for fishing long, I find it easier to hold the pole steady long on windy days....but if I’m fishing down the track or upto about 8m and want to hold a bait dead still I’ll use it then