Which Feeder Rest ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've just taken delivery of one of these...

1597409174833.png

The rest is 37cm long and weighs a staggering 124grams ;)

Guru, eat your heart out :p

Ohh, ee, ohh, eee, hohh :D

Knfruitbat

Site Supporter
The Preston Fix Angle types for me also....I like the simplicity of them....The one below being a particular favourite...

View attachment 39165
I have had two of them, one snapped at the bottom after a couple of uses. Couldn't work out how the line had got into the side section when I was trying to land 4 or 5lb carp. Like the adjustable angle but don't seem to be very robust.

Total

Site Supporter
I have had two of them, one snapped at the bottom after a couple of uses. Couldn't work out how the line had got into the side section when I was trying to land 4 or 5lb carp. Like the adjustable angle but don't seem to be very robust.

I respect your opinions above and can only comment on my own experiences....(y).....I also have a couple of said items (always carry spares) and both have performed faultlessly....:)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I broke the orange one I have that is like the old Matrix rest by turning it too tight on the arm, nothing a bit of glue won't fix and is good for Bream fishing when your rods not going to get dragged in but I think I'll be getting a new one when I start fishing commercials in Winter.

This one I'm on about here, I completely broke it trying to fix it, snapped it in half trying to get a pin back in or something so I'm going to go for the Reaper Rest.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
This one I'm on about here, I completely broke it trying to fix it, snapped it in half trying to get a pin back in or something so I'm going to go for the Reaper Rest.
I have the Reaper rests for sale both STD and XL, just put them on eBay after a day on here.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Preston angle for me - it was the cheapest in the shop but worked superbly on Saturday for my method session and I can’t see any reason to look for anything different.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
It depends on what you want to do with the rest, if you occasionaly want to move/Twitch your bait, then a long rest allows this, but if you fish the method more, then a bold rig type small rest.