Which Feeder Rest ?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
For christ sake, our Peter.....Have a word will ya?:giggle:

I fear he's a lost cause Mark, already had to have a word with him about his initial attempt at the roost, he took that on board but remains an archetypal Yorkshireman when the subject of spending money crops up. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
For run of the mill fishing, not long distance bream etc, or rivers I find this set up with no head but a long ripple arm which swings on the Garbolino feeder arm more efficient. You can have it straight across for float and pivoted at any angle at any side low for feeder work. Easily adjusted in seconds.
Any small head can be attached to end of ripple arm or nearer on stem (like a std Reaper) if Mad Carp are about.

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 16

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I fear he's a lost cause Mark, already had to have a word with him about his initial attempt at the roost, he took that on board but remains an archetypal Yorkshireman when the subject of spending money crops up. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry Peter for I have sinned :angel2:

Total

Site Supporter

All is not lost our Peter, I sense this man has a good heart, but I fear the 'force' is strong within him. (<<<Typed whilst levitating of one's office chair!):oops:....We must redouble our efforts to save him and point him towards the 'light' and therefore salvation....:love:;)

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Having a little debate with Peter about Feeder Rests and looking at the one I have at the moment, the Preston Fix-Angle, however it has been decided that it doesn't suit the look of my new box and the Guru Reaper Rest has been suggested as a viable replacement....

View attachment 39145

I do like the look of it, not too sure on their other alternative which to me looks like it belongs in the next century and a bit too gimmicky ....

View attachment 39146

However, I do like the look of the Matrix Feeder Rest but according to a few searches this is now 'old design' and is being replaced with one with replaceable ends incuding rod stops. which to me suggests that this design does have issues of rods being tugged off the rests when not looking...

View attachment 39147

The new Matrix Feeder Rest...

View attachment 39150

Then there is this not so little jobby which looks like it would stop a whale let alone a spirited Carp...

View attachment 39148

My current Preston Fix-Angle ...

View attachment 39149

So I'm going to throw it open to your suggestions, which Feeder Rest do you think is best?
I've got the reaper plus the tulip, the Preston foam covered one in your post & a Preston butt rest like the one Markywhizz posted. I tend to use the Reaper, The tulip gets used for when I'm only fishing a short pole. It's handy for wedging the No3 section in while rebaiting, landing a fish. The Preston butt rest gets used to wedge my landing net in.

PAB

Site Supporter
I find the Guru Reaper Rest xl so bloody heavy it needs wheels.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That was one of my concerns - I've replaced all my old Preston Off-Box stuff with the equivalent Rive and the difference in weight to my bag is unbelievable.
Aluminium is the way forward, not heavy mild steel