Which Feeder Rest ?

Total

Site Supporter
The Preston Fix Angle types for me also....I like the simplicity of them....The one below being a particular favourite...

Preston free flow rod rest.jpg

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
Having a little debate with Peter about Feeder Rests and looking at the one I have at the moment, the Preston Fix-Angle, however it has been decided that it doesn't suit the look of my new box and the Guru Reaper Rest has been suggested as a viable replacement....

View attachment 39145

I do like the look of it, not too sure on their other alternative which to me looks like it belongs in the next century and a bit too gimmicky ....

View attachment 39146

However, I do like the look of the Matrix Feeder Rest but according to a few searches this is now 'old design' and is being replaced with one with replaceable ends incuding rod stops. which to me suggests that this design does have issues of rods being tugged off the rests when not looking...

View attachment 39147

The new Matrix Feeder Rest...

View attachment 39150

Then there is this not so little jobby which looks like it would stop a whale let alone a spirited Carp...

View attachment 39148

My current Preston Fix-Angle ...

View attachment 39149

So I'm going to throw it open to your suggestions, which Feeder Rest do you think is best?
You’re turning into a right tackle tart Dave 😀😀😀

Total

Site Supporter
I've got too much time on my hands and got to do something with it/them :D

^^ :love:.....And it all started with....." Do you ever get the feeling you don't know if you've done the right thing or not ?;)....."Been there, done that....":love::ROFLMAO:

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
I have one of the middy angle adjust ones and it's cack, the mechanism keeps dropping bits, need a new one.

middy-quiver-rest.jpg

SeanB

Site Supporter
I've used one of these for a few years and have had no issues with it.
1596919766200.png

I use it in conjunction with one of these for the butt (also holds my pole when unshipping back to a top kit.)
1596919958074.png

lucc

For butt rest, this one (Matrix) is the best, as you can have it in the position and height you want:
Capture4.JPG
For the front, it is important to have a rest which allows the free flow of the line, and there are not many...When I don't hold the rod, I like the korum one:
Capture5.JPG

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Having a little debate with Peter about Feeder Rests and looking at the one I have at the moment, the Preston Fix-Angle, however it has been decided that it doesn't suit the look of my new box and the Guru Reaper Rest has been suggested as a viable replacement....

View attachment 39145

I do like the look of it, not too sure on their other alternative which to me looks like it belongs in the next century and a bit too gimmicky ....

View attachment 39146

However, I do like the look of the Matrix Feeder Rest but according to a few searches this is now 'old design' and is being replaced with one with replaceable ends incuding rod stops. which to me suggests that this design does have issues of rods being tugged off the rests when not looking...

View attachment 39147

The new Matrix Feeder Rest...

View attachment 39150

Then there is this not so little jobby which looks like it would stop a whale let alone a spirited Carp...

View attachment 39148

My current Preston Fix-Angle ...

View attachment 39149

So I'm going to throw it open to your suggestions, which Feeder Rest do you think is best?
I have the last 2 Preston ones in your post, and have the largest of these on back order
1596978344777.png
I did have a cheap Fladden/Okuma orange one, but I broke it ( far too easily)

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Preston Fix-Angle on still waters
and the korum one on rivers