Which Feeder Rest ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Having a little debate with Peter about Feeder Rests and looking at the one I have at the moment, the Preston Fix-Angle, however it has been decided that it doesn't suit the look of my new box and the Guru Reaper Rest has been suggested as a viable replacement....

1596872195688.png

I do like the look of it, not too sure on their other alternative which to me looks like it belongs in the next century and a bit too gimmicky ....

1596872267610.png

However, I do like the look of the Matrix Feeder Rest but according to a few searches this is now 'old design' and is being replaced with one with replaceable ends incuding rod stops. which to me suggests that this design does have issues of rods being tugged off the rests when not looking...

1596872461210.png

The new Matrix Feeder Rest...

1596872865220.png

Then there is this not so little jobby which looks like it would stop a whale let alone a spirited Carp...

1596872569142.png

My current Preston Fix-Angle ...

1596872711055.png

So I'm going to throw it open to your suggestions, which Feeder Rest do you think is best?

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
That reaper looks a good job, just pick up the rod and move it to another section to adjust the tip bend, rather than faffing with the reel handle.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The Preston Fix Angle for me, and if you're thinking of getting rid of the one you have, I have a space in my carry-all for it.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
i use a side strike rest, i rarely use the feeder mind and it does me for my needs
s-l640.jpg

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I actually use the front and rear Reaper rests, but like the look of the newer Reaper XL as it offers a bit more space for adjustment.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
I use Long Reaper longer distance still water Bream etc. Futuristic Reaper still water any mad carp about water usually shorter distance. And "whale Stopper" Preston for all River.
Rear Reaper, tried but split, Preston gripper rear, tried but split. Now use Martrix Pole & Net Rest larger but simple.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Another vote for Reaper front & back I haven't seen the XL ones,but the ones I have will do me.

rufcuk

Nu fish one for me the flexible one can adjust to any position without removing

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I broke the orange one I have that is like the old Matrix rest by turning it too tight on the arm, nothing a bit of glue won't fix and is good for Bream fishing when your rods not going to get dragged in but I think I'll be getting a new one when I start fishing commercials in Winter.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have been using the Preston long dutch feeder rest, with the long telescopic feeder arm. Thinking of changing to the Guru reaper rest,for ease of transportation.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The guru XL is very strong and a nice size but very heavy being steel as against alloy.

Reactions: PAB

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I prefer to rest my rod on foam rather than hard plastic whatever rest you choose...