• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ojfrancis

which do you enjoy the most, match fishing or pleasure fish?]
please post a reason

Last edited:

sladey

I dont get the kick out of pleasure fishing as i do match fishing, unless i'm practsisng for a match, after youve worked the feeding out and bites it gets boring in my opinion.

pieman

used to match fish a lot, but the bloody moaners put me off, like a bunch of kids, some of them even used to go home if they drew the wrong peg, moan if they saw anyone doing something they did'nt agree with, moan if they did'nt catch, moan about the way we used to pay out, moan about the time we started and finished, no i'm done with match fishing, and enjoying pleasure fishing much better.[:D][:D]

Beebs

Pleasure. I do it to relax and get away from it all. Get enough buzz and stress in work, don't need it when I'm out in the countryside.

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
I like pleasure fishing and like friendly match. Just not good enough to join open match and don't like fishing in stress.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
All my fishing is a pleasure, be it on a match, a day out with mates or a session on my own.
The day I stop enjoying it will be the last I ever go fishing.[:D]

snakey

PAA COACH
Im with you on this one Peter. Bit of a silly question if you ask me as i get a lot of pleasure just fishing full stop.[:D]

Columbo

Pleasure for me, I use it to relax and get away from the stresses of work and life, if I want to compete then I would go to the gym or kick a55 on some canvas.

Steve

dward1996

Life Member
For me, it's pleasure fishing. I go fishing to relax, and to enjoy the surroundings. On the few occassions when I've entered a match I've found that I spend so much time trying to beat the person in the swim next to me, that I don't even enjoy catching the fish, never mind the lovely surroundings.

However, each to their own. I can certainly see how match fishing could give you a really exciting days fishing, if you are naturally a competive person, or just want to test your angling skills with like-minded anglers.

simonelsey

only1 net empty
gave up match fishing due to one match i wasnt even fishing in.

Story is I was fishing a club water , haveing a nice day , when the match boys come on and said some one here , I explained that in the hand book the water was free to fish , and match sec said continue fishing as our water we where ment to fish got cancelled , we shall fish around you , fair enough No harm. Starting hitting some nice carp 5-10lb bloke drawing next to me started moaning saying Ive got to leave the water , rest of the people said stay , but this idiot kept complaining , so I lobbed in all my bait in and went . I had as much right on the water as the match people .I checked the match dates so the water was free so fished it ,If i arrived at the water and match signs out I wouldnt have fished .
To this day 6 years on I havent fished a match

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Simon, that was unfortunate that you found yourself in that predicament.
As a match angler myself, I find it bloody irritating when I see people moan about matchmen.(not your story though lol)
Likewise I find it more annoying when you get match anglers moaning about pleasure anglers, what they should have done is either asked you nicely if you would mind moving (not that they would be able to make you) or invited you to join them. After all you were there first and there was no match booked there!

My club has had this situation before and found that a friendly aproach works wonders.

Back to the original poll.
I love match fishing. Mainly cos Im on the commitee of my club, but also the social aspect. Though I do enjoy a days pleasure now and then, just to chill out.

quivertip

phil
pleasure fishing any time..
fish when i like, where i like, what time i like, what swim i like..
buggared if somebody is gonna tell me where to fish and what time as well and then charge me for the pleasure, get naffed off cos i got a cr*p draw and then buggar off home like some people do, after working all week i'll decide where to go fishing thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.