Which club

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Whichever one you join,and if it was me it would be number 1,you're getting value for money if you compare day ticket prices,the beuty of club membership is that if you do only have,say,three hours spare to fish you can find a spot you like,leave your gear set up and be fishing in minutes and you probably wouldn't go if it meant buying a dsy ticket for three hours.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Option 1 for me . A bit of everything to be had and closest to home, easy few hours evening fishing in the summer.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
members as in Kno**eads or genuine members?
Not sure really, but since I came back off my jollies. membership slowed down for some reason. It can't be something I said because I wasn't here. Not sure which way to take it really. :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Not sure really, but since I came back off my jollies. membership slowed down for some reason. It can't be something I said because I wasn't here. Not sure which way to take it really. :oops: :ROFLMAO:
You must be doing a good job mate, they stay away when the know they can't get away with anything. Do you shoot many 2 legged rats?:eek:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’d choose option 1 (if I could afford it) but at the moment I’d just settle for finding a club with vacancies.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Have you checked out Cranbrook AC Karl? Not sure if it's in your budget but fairly local waters to you?

Resigned myself to finding £100 to join a club so it will be in that budget @ £90 - the drawback is distance, nearest of their ‘junior friendly’ stillwater venues appears to be Harrietsham, about half hour away, so probably as much commute time as fishing time with my boy o_O

Silver fan 82

Resigned myself to finding £100 to join a club so it will be in that budget @ £90 - the drawback is distance, nearest of their ‘junior friendly’ stillwater venues appears to be Harrietsham, about half hour away, so probably as much commute time as fishing time with my boy o_O
I know what you mean. Travel time has to be taken into consideration especially as your taking your boy with you. I know too well that short sessions are key when taking the kids fishing.
The clubs your way do seem expensive. The two clubs in Hastings are cheap in comparison but as you say it would be the travelling time involved?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I know what you mean. Travel time has to be taken into consideration especially as your taking your boy with you. I know too well that short sessions are key when taking the kids fishing.
The clubs your way do seem expensive. The two clubs in Hastings are cheap in comparison but as you say it would be the travelling time involved?

I‘m happy to do the travelling but it will kill the fun for my boy - at the moment without notice he can say “I want to go fishing” and we are on the bank within 15 mins.

Membership fees:

MVAS £139.04,
KAPS £86,
MVF £295-£600 depending on which lake

all 3 are over subscribed and closed to membership - much further afield:

Edenbridge £110 - but that’s closed too

Silver fan 82

I‘m happy to do the travelling but it will kill the fun for my boy - at the moment without notice he can say “I want to go fishing” and we are on the bank within 15 mins.

Membership fees:

MVAS £139.04,
KAPS £86,
MVF £295-£600 depending on which lake

all 3 are over subscribed and closed to membership - much further afield:

Edenbridge £110 - but that’s closed too
That is a chunk of money. Having said that if they are nice, well kept fisheries then the membership price could well reflect that. I presume your boy fishes for free if you're a member?
Have you looked at Tonbridge club? I think not as pricey but some really good fishing.