Which club

davej1981

Hi guys im after some opinions! Im looking to join a club next season but im totally stuck on which one to go for, they all offer something slightly different and are all the same price. Ill only get short sessions in so i need them to be as close to home as possible!
Club 1- 1 mill pond, 2 farm ponds, 1 estate lake and 1 reservoir. 9 miles of river. Nearest venue is less than 5 mins away and all the others within 10 mins. Offers a variety of fishing from 1 commercial style to specimen barbel in wierpools

club 2- 6 lakes and a couple of miles of river lakes are mainly carp and tench, river is very small but holds a variety of species. Nearest venue about 15mins away (plus access to a local co

club 3- a commercial style syndicate on an estate main target species would be carp in the 4-12lb range and would almost certainly produce fish every time and a wide range of techniques work. About 10 mins away
Really cant decide which one, need some inspiration! My background is match fishing on natural venues but happy to broaden my horizons!

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Only you will know really what direction you want your fishing to head and if also you need to factor in any additional expense at needing new kit to tackle them.
Option 1 does seem to have more of a variety if you like to have options.
Strange point i know, but if you are looking for a confidence water and to catch, how you have described option 3 does seem that type of water.

For me the variety offered by option 1 would be mine all day, but like i say thats me and where my fishing is at the moment.

bluemack

Site Supporter
For me it would be option 1,but i would never pay £100 a season to fish anywhere but this would depend on location in
your case as i pay £30 a season to fish BAA waters and get over 200 miles of river and canals.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Club 1 sounds the most inviting to me down to the estate lake, reservoir and weirpool, got to be a good mix of fishing on those with commercial style fishing as back up.

rudd

Site Supporter
Hi guys im after some opinions! Im looking to join a club next season but im totally stuck on which one to go for, they all offer something slightly different and are all the same price. Ill only get short sessions in so i need them to be as close to home as possible!
Club 1- 1 mill pond, 2 farm ponds, 1 estate lake and 1 reservoir. 9 miles of river. Nearest venue is less than 5 mins away and all the others within 10 mins. Offers a variety of fishing from 1 commercial style to specimen barbel in wierpools

club 2- 6 lakes and a couple of miles of river lakes are mainly carp and tench, river is very small but holds a variety of species. Nearest venue about 15mins away (plus access to a local co

club 3- a commercial style syndicate on an estate main target species would be carp in the 4-12lb range and would almost certainly produce fish every time and a wide range of techniques work. About 10 mins away
Really cant decide which one, need some inspiration! My background is match fishing on natural venues but happy to broaden my horizons!
1. Nice bit of choice

davej1981

For me it would be option 1,but i would never pay £100 a season to fish anywhere but this would depend on location in
your case as i pay £30 a season to fish BAA waters and get over 200 miles of river and canals.
Everywhere round here is around the £100 mark cheapest i think is £85

brian carragher

Site Supporter
As a river angler I'd always be looking for a club with as much and varied river fishing that I could

alsur

Site Supporter
You need to sit down and think what waters you will fish, my club has 7 stretches of river and 25 lakes but I only fish 6 of them.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter

BAA is the best for rivers and canals round here but I have thought of joining KDAA as well for the same price. Not fished any BAA pools for a while. When I was in my Junior club, the Starlets, we used to fish different BAA waters pretty much every week. KDAA I fished their pond near Kiddie on day ticket and it was 'difficult' fishing though, very shallow and clear with a good head of ducks that dived down and attacked your bait every time you fed, so not all club waters are worth fishing. It is advertised as 'not a bagging venue' but was very difficult.

So I would go for option one for reasons stated but also try and check what to expect from the fishing.

davej1981

BAA is the best for rivers and canals round here but I have thought of joining KDAA as well for the same price. Not fished any BAA pools for a while. When I was in my Junior club, the Starlets, we used to fish different BAA waters pretty much every week. KDAA I fished their pond near Kiddie on day ticket and it was 'difficult' fishing though, very shallow and clear with a good head of ducks that dived down and attacked your bait every time you fed, so not all club waters are worth fishing. It is advertised as 'not a bagging venue' but was very difficult.

So I would go for option one for reasons stated but also try and check what to expect from the fishing.
Thankfully im am aware of most of the waters, i have fished most of them in the past

bluemack

Site Supporter

Hi mate,i,ve been with the BAA for 52 years and never fished any of there stillwaters,they really don,t appeal to me.
Well done to ya dad yesterday having a Barbel,i think you need to watch him and learn how it,s done.:):)

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Don’t join any, you’re free to go we’re you like then. Instead of feeling you need to fish the club waters for value for money