Which chair ?

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
What about the preston inception chair? Does anyone own one that could give me an honest opinion.
I was told by a guy in Bobco I think , that the Preston chair is a bit more sturdy and stronger. But with that you get more weight. I used my chair that I got from Mick last evening. Nice chair and comfy. I think it’s a bit low so makes getting up more of an issue, casting is harder work from the chair, and I ended up standing to cast. I had a side tray fitted and you had to make the chair level, to get the side tray level, which could be difficult on some river banks and if you have maggots, as they could all escape. I think I have seen some sort of swivel attachment on EBay that will sort this.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I like the Korum. The legs from Penrose fit the chair as well at 19mm - less than half the price of the actual Korum or Preston ones too.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
My Korum quick release net adaptor snapped off the other day and put my landing net in the drink, almost lost it.
I’m wary of Korum “accessories” after that.

Reuben

Site Supporter
My Korum quick release net adaptor snapped off the other day and put my landing net in the drink, almost lost it.
I’m wary of Korum “accessories” after that.
You must have been unlucky. I’ve never had any problem with any of my Korum accessories, tackle, luggage or anything else. In fact, I’ve always been pretty impressed by all the Korum stuff I’ve used. Never tried the rods or reels though.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Accessory chair here too (19mm leg version) can't fault it... all the preston and Korum bits fit if you're worried about a side tray not fitting, use a carp table with adjustable legs.... works a treat

BarryS

Gone fishing
Hi all,

New to the forum so please be gentle............

I am after a chair for feeder fishing that will take attachments. I like the look of the maver mvr or the korum x25 deluxe but with all these chairs there seems to be conflicts as to what accessories will fit. Is there a comprehensive list somewhere that someone has written or is it a case of trolling though all the mud to find what fits what.

cheers in advance

bob
I leave my fishing chairs at home these days and use a Coleman folding Deck chair I bought on Amazon.. Its taller so very easy to get in and out of. It weighs nothing..it is so light but also very strong and really comfortable.. I have rod supports on one side and a tray on the other. One of my best buys last year

Adders27

I’ve fished off my JRC Defender chair with added Rod rest and feeder fish with front rod rest in bank. I’ve done the full Seatbox with attachments and Korum chairs and found the slightest move bounced your rod tip about.
Just purchased the new basic Shakespeare Seatbox and I will put a bank stick in for feeder rest and sit with rod butt on my leg ready for striking etc.
It’s a simple set up that was good enough when I was a youngster so good enough today without all the extra add ins etc
Box with side trays etc etc less than £80

Reuben

Site Supporter
I’ve fished off my JRC Defender chair with added Rod rest and feeder fish with front rod rest in bank. I’ve done the full Seatbox with attachments and Korum chairs and found the slightest move bounced your rod tip about.
Just purchased the new basic Shakespeare Seatbox and I will put a bank stick in for feeder rest and sit with rod butt on my leg ready for striking etc.
It’s a simple set up that was good enough when I was a youngster so good enough today without all the extra add ins etc
Box with side trays etc etc less than £80
Horses for courses. I prefer the comfort of a chair. My Korum chair plus accessories cost about the same as your plastic box.😉

Adders27

Horses for courses. I prefer the comfort of a chair. My Korum chair plus accessories cost about the same as your plastic box.😉
I doubt the Korum chair is sold for £50 let alone the accessories but as you say horses for courses .. been down the chair and heavy box route many times and always ended selling and going back to a lighter simpler method even if it is a plastic box !!!

Reuben

Site Supporter
It is if you buy it second hand, mate. The old style Korum Accessory Chair with the 19mm square legs isn’t made anymore & imo was the best of the bunch. Got mine for £40 posted off eBay. Again the accessories were used but perfectly serviceable - side tray, Preston short feeder arm & pole roosts. All in all about £70. Your money your choice, though. Hope you catch plenty whatever you sit on.

Marker50

Site Supporter
With my korum 25 delux i have a matrix side tray with lid.the soft collapse type.
Due to it having one fix point and 2 legs its perfect. I have the offset legs so tray can be well over to the left on a platform.
Matrix tray behind that.again fixes to one leg.
Preston uni arm for landing net.
Prrston uni arm at rear right for preston butt gripper.
Matrix 3d feeder arm.
Matrix brolly arm.
Set up in ten mins.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I have, but ended up switching to a seat box, the arms on the deluxe just got in the way.
I don’t like fishing chairs with arms myself - they get in the way using most methods.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I am looking at buying a Korum Aeronium for River Fishing,where a fair walk may be involved. I still have the Korum Deluxechair, will use it for over night sessions,