which brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Green Giant, purely because it's the one I prefer to eat myself.

I rarely use all the corn I take with me, so I use a clean Tupperware box to store it, rather than any old manky bait box, and reheat what I don't use when I get home.

Garlic chicken breast in breadcrumbs, new potatoes with butter, and sweetcorn ...
[:T]

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
corn is corn, smaller pieces, larger pieces, still yellow, still corn....

supermarkets own brand are firmer and larger and cheaper

Jmz

I normally use the supermarket own brand one. Lately I've found the frozen version (rather than the tinned) is brighter and firmer so I use that.

delk

mostly dynamite baits brand, reason i get large tins for around 40p

pegasus

benny
which ever is cheapist when i send our lass to the super market usually pick it up at a quid for 3 tins.
if i go i ask if i can have it cheaper cos one of the cans will have a dint in it and they usually knock a few pence off.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
tesco or morrisons frozen and a tin green giant in the winter

supersuperleeds

I normally use frozen, but yesterday I was in tesco and bought one of their own brand tins. Nice colour, smells really sweet, tasted vile, lets hope the fish like it tomorrow.

Hatchye

Tins with decent sized pieces at the cheapest prices. Sometimes I may a couple of pence more expensive it the can has a ring pull

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Whatever I can find, providing it has a ring pull. I dont use a huge amount of corn, but I like to have a tin in reserve for a couple of venues I fish, and can then open on the bank on demand.

ryan1994

lidl golden sweetcorn for silver and winter fishing because its small and soft.
green giant for carp because its big and tough.

Larry

Lazarus
Originally posted by common_carp

corn is corn, smaller pieces, larger pieces, still yellow, still corn....

supermarkets own brand are firmer and larger and cheaper
Same as him

getfishing

Pete
Asda Smartprice cuz its cheap and its what my mum gets. If you don't think its seewt enough or think the fish prefer it sweeter just add some sugar and maybe some salt because it adds to its attraction.

greentura

Greenie
whatevers on special offer, unless i'm going to eat it then green giant[:T] the cheap frozen stuff with a cup of molasses mixed in a bucket and left overnight for feeding and a few grains of giant maze for the hookbait, roll on june 16th and the bream / tench [;)]

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Supermarket own brand for the normal corn as it tends to be firmer although its not as tastey so a flavour additive doesn't go a miss. I have bought strawberry corn from the tackle box (not sure on the make) i know the corn is very red and when it works its unbeatable.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Got some tins of Green Giant white corn, it`s smaller and is teardrop shaped, Roach love it. Trouble is they have stopped selling it in the UK.
Normal corn I tend to by supermarket brands.

socom23

Green giant - has smaller can size as i don't use it all and a ring pull. I pay 41p for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.