Where's the Marmite ?

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Brown sauce is only slightly runnier Marmite, food of the gods. :giggle: :sneaky:
I was at Stansted airport, coming back here and I had the biggest jar of Marmite you can get. They took it off me at security, said it was a liquid. :mad: If you tip it upside down it doesn't run out. How is that a liquid?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Brown sauce is only slightly runnier Marmite, food of the gods. :giggle: :sneaky:
I was at Stansted airport, coming back here and I had the biggest jar of Marmite you can get. They took it off me at security, said it was a liquid. :mad: If you tip it upside down it doesn't run out. How is that a liquid?
Bet that ended up in the Security Tea Room. ;)

GeoffW

Site Supporter
Don't worry Aldi have their own version too.
Got some yesterday 😀

LilAl

Trogg mk2 ;)
Site Supporter
Something has gone wrong with HP sauce in recent years. The vinegar levels have gone through the roof. All I can taste in it is harsh acetic acid. It's not the product it was a decade ago and that's for sure.
What do you expect, it's owned by the Americans now!

Wellington Road, Burton upon Trent the original home of Marmite, what lovely smell driving along there. :D
You need to go see a Doc and get your sense of smell sorted out!!

sly

eleganc and simplicity in art
Site Supporter
And what's wrong with brown sauce on my caviar sandwich? It makes it taste like spicy, crunchy fish paste. It's better than marmite on toast. :p
Jeez, caviar on its own is bad enough:sick::sick:

OII Jazz IIO

What do you expect, it's owned by the Americans now!

You need to go see a Doc and get your sense of smell sorted out!!
Oh dear, is that true? I wondered if something like that had happened. Cadbury isn't the same either. It has gradually been acquiring that 'cheap and nasty' chemical type taste that chocolate sometimes has and it has been creeping since Cadbury has been bought. I can't buy it anymore.

LilAl

Trogg mk2 ;)
Site Supporter
Oh dear, is that true? I wondered if something like that had happened. Cadbury isn't the same either. It has gradually been acquiring that 'cheap and nasty' chemical type taste that chocolate sometimes has and it has been creeping since Cadbury has been bought. I can't buy it anymore.

Yep, it's owned by Heinz now...and produced in Holland.