Where would you go?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Weather looks nice and sunny this weekend so I'm going to do one of those decide where I should fish for me threads. 😁 (y)

1) On the Severn, on a stretch I've fished 3 times and only had a Roach and Chub, determined to crack it and catch a few Barbel from there. I could try maggot caster approach there but I think there are too many small fish and it won't work.
2) On the small Weir I fish, has not been fishing well the last few times I've been with only small fish showing. I don't think it's late enough season for it yet but you never know.
3) On a a Tench (and Roach) estate lake. Could be warm enough for a late season Tench and a good chance of Roach showing.
4) On a deep Crucian pit that's also full of Roach and Perch with the odd Carp.

That's about my options, some seem more likely to me than others but I'm wondering where you would go and why?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Spearmint Rhino. 🤣 Oh …. You mean fishing ? Tench. Go for some Tincas I would. Good luck matey. 👍

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Weather looks nice and sunny this weekend so I'm going to do one of those decide where I should fish for me threads. 😁 (y)

1) On the Severn, on a stretch I've fished 3 times and only had a Roach and Chub, determined to crack it and catch a few Barbel from there. I could try maggot caster approach there but I think there are too many small fish and it won't work.
2) On the small Weir I fish, has not been fishing well the last few times I've been with only small fish showing. I don't think it's late enough season for it yet but you never know.
3) On a a Tench (and Roach) estate lake. Could be warm enough for a late season Tench and a good chance of Roach showing.

That's about my options, some seem more likely to me than others but I'm wondering where you would go and why?

For me it’s the estate lake - love fishing for tench and the roach are a banker, crucian pit and weir will still keep producing later in the year plus I’ve read recently the Severn is low and not fishing it’s best.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The weir or maybe a different stretch of the severn. Got to make the most of the rivers whilst they’re fishable. It’ll be the floods then the closed season before you know it.

Total

Site Supporter

You need the practice on the Severn....:p;)

smiffy

Site Supporter
Severn. Wish it was on my doorstep. You won’t get pestered by small fish. Not fishing a block end anyway👍

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Cheers all. I'm going to have to try maggot feeder on the Severn now just to satisfy my curiosity as I see no one else doing it on my travels. But, I can do that midweek when it's forecast showers, this might be the last spell of mild weather we have so I think I'm going to call it "One last shot at Tench".

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Cheers all. I'm going to have to try maggot feeder on the Severn now just to satisfy my curiosity as I see no one else doing it on my travels. But, I can do that midweek when it's forecast showers, this might be the last spell of mild weather we have so I think I'm going to call it "One last shot at Tench".
Yeah, Yeah, just like "One last cast.."

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
When the rivers in the fields then it’s March 15th you’ll wish you had gone to the severn 😉

Realistically we only get a 6 month river season these days so have to get on them every chance we get 👍🏻

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Last year I was on the weir a lot in Autumn, it wasn't too bad until we had snow if I remember right. Snow just kills everything and I hope we don't get much this year.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I just found out I can't really go Tench fishing as I need my dad to drop me off at the 'gate' instead of the car park as it's a big walk from the car park, and it's my aunts birthday so he wouldn't be able to pick me up. I'm going to get some hemp, a couple of pints of maggots and a couple of casters and give a blockend feeder a go on the Severn.

grey

Site Supporter
Definitely late season tench - even if you have to walk for it.

Come on mate, you've put a few pounds on over the covid years, it's now time to walk it off.

Maybe your last chance of the year to catch tench - do all the other stuff later!!!