Where to get Guru N-Gauge quiver tips from?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Had a bit of a nightmare today, snapped two quiver tips, the 2oz and 1.5oz. My own fault on both really. One from a wrap around on the cast and the other from catching on a bush behind me as I cast.

I'd just bought this rod so want to replace the tips ASAP. Do I have to go to Guru directly?

Cheers

nejohn

Site Supporter
You could try looking at daiwa tips as they make the blanks so may make sense to use tips that they already make

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There's two good options cheers! I have sent an email to Guru Customer Support too just to see what they say.

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
I feel your pain, first outing with my Parabolix SUV and a frap up claimed one of the tips on the cast 😔 I dont usually get frap ups so I got a bit cocky, i give the line a quick pull before every cast now.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It has never happened to me before but these do seem like fragile tips on this rod. Even the 2oz tip to me feels very light. I'm not sure what happened when the 2oz tip broke first, as it was halfway through the cast the line got caught round the tip, not at the start of the cast. :unsure: So then I re-rigged up with the 1.5oz tip praying it wouldn't happen again and it did when my hooklength caught a bush behind me!

rd115

Site Supporter
It has never happened to me before but these do seem like fragile tips on this rod. Even the 2oz tip to me feels very light. I'm not sure what happened when the 2oz tip broke first, as it was halfway through the cast the line got caught round the tip, not at the start of the cast. :unsure: So then I re-rigged up with the 1.5oz tip praying it wouldn't happen again and it did when my hooklength caught a bush behind me!
I get it sometimes on my Yank n Bank when casting if i pull the rod back to far to hit the clip sometimes it sounds and feels like the line is going through the eyes a bit rough, think it was due to line twist though because after i untwisted all my line it was much better.

Louis D

Site Supporter
I find Drennan Acolyte tips to be quite fragile. Until I bought one of the tip rods I had only snapped 1 quivertip in 40 years. Suddenly I've gone through 3 in 18 months. In comparison, Daiwa megatops are awesome and seem unbreakable and so they should be for that price.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I find Drennan Acolyte tips to be quite fragile. Until I bought one of the tip rods I had only snapped 1 quivertip in 40 years. Suddenly I've gone through 3 in 18 months. In comparison, Daiwa megatops are awesome and seem unbreakable and so they should be for that price.
Not sure about fragile (at least I’ve never broken one) but they do seem rather susceptible to wrap arounds as they are quite bouncy. You definitely have to keep an eye on your rod tip or trouble could occur. It’s weird that lots of people managed to break the float versions in their early days yet you don’t hear much of the same about the feeder versions as I find I rarely get wrap arounds with my float version, at least nowhere near as much as my feeder version.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo just found these:

Only 0.75oz and 2oz in stock though but i'm guessing they can order in the others?
Cheers mate. Think I might go for that 2oz tip while I'm waiting for a reply from Guru.

Basically I think this 10' rod I will only use for its intended purpose of short chucks from now on and not try to use it for 40m+ chucks like yesterday.

buygoodtackle

I would be surprised if your local tackle shop didn't have one to fit for less than £10!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter

rd115

Site Supporter
Might pop into nathans nottingham shop tomorrow, need a few bits (y) Want me to grab you any of those quiver tips @Zerkalo?