where to fish

painyboy

I am in need of help please.
i have recently moved to Tynemouth 8 miles from Newcastle and am desperately searching for some Coarse river fishing near me but am having no luck as it all seems to be game fishing.
i am used to fishing the rivers Lea and Ouse so am a bit lost up here,can anyone help me please to find similar waters.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Hi painyboy - I've just had a look on http://fishinginfo.co.uk/index.html and it does look very game orientated up that way.

I would suggest asking in a local tackle shop to see if they can point you in the right direction.

painyboy

thanks Spanky,
trouble is tackle shops near are sea fishing and game.
i will have to look in another area.
I miss the River Lea at Marford farm and The Ouse mate

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Ah... a Veralum man no less - I fished Marford once... nice bit of river

painyboy

yes Spanky Verulam and loved it the Lea is a great river and Marford is amazing especially if you are luck enough to get the right peg.just before i left they introduced a system where if you got there on opening you drew lots for choice of peg which was a fairer way of doing it.I do miss the rivers and canals.As they say up here, you Southerners are spoilt down there.I have been to a local tackle shop called Billy's and he was very helpful.he says that nearly all the rivers have been taken over by the Salmon and Trout brigade as the people who owned the stretches put the rent up so much the angling clubs couldn't afford it.Big bucks for game fishing.
Anyway he gave me a heads up on WACAC a local club who have some nice estate lakes and ponds approx 20 mins away so am going to join this week and maybe come the new season i will drive down to Durham to a free stretch of the Wear for a spot of Barbel and Chub fishing.
All the best tight lines.