Where to fish lures lancashire

Gandad50

Hi all Im just putting together a lure fishing outfit.

Where in the Preston, the Leyland, Chorley, Mawdesley area can I use it?

I'm q lure fishing novice so appreciate all advice given.

stephenk

Site Supporter
Hi all Im just putting together a lure fishing outfit.

Where in the Preston, the Leyland, Chorley, Mawdesley area can I use it?

I'm q lure fishing novice so appreciate all advice given.
Canals are a good bet - full of Jack's, and easy to walk

stephenk

Site Supporter
Are canals free or is there a permit required
Some are with clubs - but majority are under canal & rivers trust. They do a 12 month permit for about a tenner - called a waterways wanderer. Permit runs for 12 months from date of purchase. Their website has a good interactive map showing their stretches and those controlled by clubs

Gandad50

Some are with clubs - but majority are under canal & rivers trust. They do a 12 month permit for about a tenner - called a waterways wanderer. Permit runs for 12 months from date of purchase. Their website has a good interactive map showing their stretches and those controlled by clubs
Great thanks for the advice, I will it will make a nice change from carp in commercials, much appreciated.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Pike anglers club has a long stretch of the Lancaster canal from Preston to Garstang so that might be the best place to start.

derwentboy

Site Supporter
Hello mate,
A good card/club for you would be SouthportDAA maybe they have a good long stretch of the Rufford Canal (you can get a day ticket for fiver) and I think they also have Rivington/Anglezarke as well I think as well as The Drains/RiverCrossens/3 Pools Waterway which are well known for Pike A Wigan DAA card also may be good for their stretches of the Leeds Liverpool Canal too. Just go to Southport DAA website..I think adult is £60 a year or soemthing like that. I've had some a few jacks and perch lure fishing on the canal round there..nothing massive. The better Pike are in the Big Drains I think but if you're after lure fishing in that area I think they would be a good club to start with.

Gandad50

Hello mate,
A good card/club for you would be SouthportDAA maybe they have a good long stretch of the Rufford Canal (you can get a day ticket for fiver) and I think they also have Rivington/Anglezarke as well I think as well as The Drains/RiverCrossens/3 Pools Waterway which are well known for Pike A Wigan DAA card also may be good for their stretches of the Leeds Liverpool Canal too. Just go to Southport DAA website..I think adult is £60 a year or soemthing like that. I've had some a few jacks and perch lure fishing on the canal round there..nothing massive. The better Pike are in the Big Drains I think but if you're after lure fishing in that area I think they would be a good club to start with.
Thanks for that Rufford is very near to me so Thats something I'm interested in.

Cheers