Where the paranoia began!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jel

Firstly as a new member I would like to thank you all for the replies to my question, they were all very funny and hit the nail on the head perfectly. I am glad it doesn't just happen to me.

Let me tell you a short story and I will try to explain how the paranoia started.

I decided to have a days fishing late one Saturday afternoon (for Sunday) decided that I needed some casters, popped into my local tackle shop, lets just say in the Essex area! They were both sold out. Undetered, I decided to look further afield and rang a tackle shop about 18 miles away. They said they had casters and would keep a couple of pints back for me, so off I went. When arriving at the tackle shop, about 15 minutes before it shut, I noticed it still looked quite busy. The shop was about 10' x 10' with at least 5 people in it, on entering the shop I noticed I couldn't get to the till because of the amount of tackle and parcels on the floor. It was a good 5 minutes before anyone noticed me and said "you must be the guy who wants the casters"; everything went quiet, 2 guys sitting on the floor putting line on some expensive carp reals said something under their breath about sprat bashing, I took no notice and tried to pay for the casters, I couldn't get to the till because I was frightened of treading on something expensive. The guy behind the till asked me if I wanted him to bring them over, I said yes, and he said "would you like me to put them on your hook too", I sought of laughed and asked him if they sold any meat flavoured bait sprays, another guy drinking tea said that they were a load of rubbish and just a gimmic, they didn't have any anyway. At the time I was in the market for a new feeder rod but there was no way that I was going to buy one form these guys even if I could have got to them anyway!

This is the kind of thing that makes you want to buy from the mail order guys.

By the way Peter, it was an expensive 2 pints of casters, it was about a 30 mile round trip.

Enoying the website keep up the good work!

Jel icon_smile_blush.gif

j white

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Jel

I'll give you a little tip mate.

If you ever have to deal with that kind of situation again remember this tip cos it'll teach them a right old lesson icon_smile_big.gif

When a carp angler says anything to you thats derogatory about you or your style of fishing look at him in a serious state of shock & say
"bloody hell what a surprise!!!!"

If he asks you what you mean by that tell em your mate told you carpers only know two words
UGH & KILL
(unless his names Rik then its three words ugh, kill & FOODicon_smile_tongue.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

waxlion1

We have the same poblem around here, I use a shop in Rhyl (the only one for 20miles)in summer you cant get in there as its full of tourists and if you just want two pints and some pinkies he plays hell. but in the winter he wants to chat and tell a joke or two (trouble is I dont know any)double standerds or what. icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

Waxlion1

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ahhh right so that'd be me then wax me ol china icon_smile.gif

Actually to be honest that was quite a few years ago i used to holiday in Rhyl every year (well prestatyn).

Now the shop i used to use was right next to prestatyn station & it was owned by an italian chap who sold up & moved into rhyl itself.

The last time i was there he had a gun/tackle shop down one of the back streets behind the market is he still there by any chance? (i think his name was Brian or Frank??)

Anyway mate you're dead right about the tourist thing tho', the last time i went to Scotland we went to a tackle shop in Golspie & the old chaps face when i started asking for stuff was a picture.

He told me that there aren't many coarse anglers in that area & he'd brought most of his stock with him when he moved there from Newcastle years before icon_smile_sad.gif unfortunetly 90% of it was coarse gear cos he never got asked for fly gear in Newcastle LOL (still spent 50 in there tho')

Right i'm off cos us tourists take up to much time n space icon_smile_tongue.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

jel

TROGG.
Ill have to try that ! it doesn't cost to be nice ?
but on the upside, on the Sunday i had a great day
with some nice bream and roach ,well worth the
insults.....icon_smile_big.gif

jel.

j white

waxlion1

Trogg

the one your on abouts gone........many moons back

the one I use now is in Buckly (near Wrexham, not far from Chester)
service is always good and helpful, its called Lionals (spooky eh!)

he's a good egg and always remembers you when you go in, NICE man.

icon_smile_approve.gif

Waxlion1

Edited by - waxlion1 on 18 January 2002 9:30:57 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.