Where do they find these halfwits?

bryanh

Site Supporter
I wonder if there's a secret coven somewhere breeding brain-dead tosspots.
According to today's i newspaper an Oxfordshire guy is complaining that bees from his neighbours' hive are stealing nectar from his flowers and taking it back to the hive. The neighbour then harvests the resulting honey which he sells for a decent profit. The numbnut likens this to a dog stealing tools or other items which it takes back to it's master who can then sell them for a profit. The guy asks if he has grounds to sue and what type of things should he be documenting to prepare for a legal battle.

Personally I would put this down to fake news but the i newspaper is not particularly know for this type of nonsense. As an asside, the paper does state "The 1990 Environmental Protection Act does state that any animal kept in such a place or manner as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance may constitute a statutory nuisance, meaning that in extreme cases an autjority could restrict or shut down a bee keeper's activities."

I reckon the Mail's Littlejohn would stick this in the 'You couldn't make it up' file.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I believe that the city of New York still bans the keeping of bees.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I think he’s got a fair point. If I was him I’d chop down all my flowers. The bee keeper will soon be out of business. ?

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
How does he know it is the bees from his neighbors hive ? Does he follow them to see where they go after they visit his plants ?

Silver fan 82

I wonder if there's a secret coven somewhere breeding brain-dead tosspots.
According to today's i newspaper an Oxfordshire guy is complaining that bees from his neighbours' hive are stealing nectar from his flowers and taking it back to the hive. The neighbour then harvests the resulting honey which he sells for a decent profit. The numbnut likens this to a dog stealing tools or other items which it takes back to it's master who can then sell them for a profit. The guy asks if he has grounds to sue and what type of things should he be documenting to prepare for a legal battle.

Personally I would put this down to fake news but the i newspaper is not particularly know for this type of nonsense. As an asside, the paper does state "The 1990 Environmental Protection Act does state that any animal kept in such a place or manner as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance may constitute a statutory nuisance, meaning that in extreme cases an autjority could restrict or shut down a bee keeper's activities."

I reckon the Mail's Littlejohn would stick this in the 'You couldn't make it up' file.
A dog stealing tools? I wondered where my spanner set had got to!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When i saw the Tile of the Thread i thought oh another Labour Party Thread. Should be in the Politics room ;) ;)

Blanks

Site Supporter
maybe he could give his neighbour a couple of jars of honey as goodwill.