Where are you fishing this weekend?

nejohn

Site Supporter
Got a few things to do this weekend, if I get them finished before lunch tomorrow I may have a few hours on the canal at the end of the road.... luckily the tackle shop is open till 12:30 on Sunday so don't need to plan to far ahead.......living 5 minutes walk from a tackle shop and 10 minutes walk from a canal has its advantages

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Fishing a match (I'm as much of a match fisherman as Wise Owl is a pastry chef). It's a charity do run in aid of cancer research - a subject dear to my heart - by a local club which I'm not a member of on their local lake. About half a mile from where I live.
It's going to rain and I'm going to get wet.☂️☺️

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Some place called Jansons on some Maggot Drowners stitch up with some (not all ) reprobates tomorrow

feldri

Site Supporter
Out the door as soon as I've pressed enter on this. Heading for the local canal for some feeder fishing. Then tomorrow up bright and early for a session on a very old clay pit that has some stunning bream in it. Normark feeder rod getting some hammering this weekend. :D

Zerkalo

I have a flat tyre so no work today now. Looks like it might be the last day of Summer. If I get it fixed today I'm having second thoughts about braving the weather tomorrow, was drunk when decided I might fish the Severn tomorrow, not up for brolly fishing.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well I was destined to watch the rugby it seems. Drove all the way to clifton hampden only to find when I got there I’d forgot the transom bolts for the boat! Didn’t really have the gear to fish from the bank so home again now. Will watch the rugby then wrack my brains as to where I might be able to get a parking spot and swim this afternoon for a few hours. Bloody annoyed as it looked so nice down there first thing!

Attachments

• 33B38F10-6811-4845-8B45-55C0C7957F85.jpeg
    33B38F10-6811-4845-8B45-55C0C7957F85.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 3

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Well I was destined to watch the rugby it seems. Drove all the way to clifton hampden only to find when I got there I’d forgot the transom bolts for the boat! Didn’t really have the gear to fish from the bank so home again now. Will watch the rugby then wrack my brains as to where I might be able to get a parking spot and swim this afternoon for a few hours. Bloody annoyed as it looked so nice down there first thing!
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail I'm afraid .??

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Indeed. In my slight defence I usually keep them screwed into the transom but last time my dad used it he had took them out for some reason. Still should of noticed but can at least see how I did it. Still the rugby was decent and going to go to a riverside pub for lunch as the next best thing to fishing haha

Freesolo82

Just home from 5 hours on the Nene @ Oundle, i had a lovely session caught Perch and Skimmers early on and finished off on the hemp catching roach shallow., Great day :)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter

jononcb

Same as @jononcb except I will be busy watching him, @Gixer13 & @notneeded @ulladubulla bag up. There is also the dark horse @Neil ofthe nene to watch as he is going it for it big style. Not to mention a shiny nugget at stake with @Whisker :) What's not to enjoy about that, except maybe the weather. :(

Was hoping the weather forecast would change for Sunday but it's still saying showers and thunderstorms, not good although it might be a great leveller for the fishing!!

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Same as @jononcb except I will be busy watching him, @Gixer13 & @notneeded @ulladubulla bag up. There is also the dark horse @Neil ofthe nene to watch as he is going it for it big style. Not to mention a shiny nugget at stake with @Whisker :) What's not to enjoy about that, except maybe the weather. :(

Just taken the shiny new 14.5m section of my MAP M16 pole out of its wrapping. Its only about 10 years old!

2 pints of maggots (£6 :eek:) in the fridge (Note to self, don't leave them behind). @Northantslad take note.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Good Man @Neil ofthe nene :upthumb:

MD Midlands matches are a bit special, lots of banter, bit of bragging and nil moaning (and yes even me.) :D