Where are these 'Ideal' Fishing venues

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
In the years I've been absent from the sport venues must have changed drastically.

When I watch You Tube now I see accomplished match anglers fishing with poles and there is miles of space behind them, enough room to allow a 16m pole to be shipped and only the top two removed, I remember having to unship almost every section when I used to fish.

Where are these ideal venues with pegs like this !
Or like, women when it comes to fishing I'm just not fussy enough ? :unsure::unsure:

adz1189

Adam
I think it’s a case of some of these videos are filmed at top match venues where everything is purpose built and maintained to allow for ease and speed for match angling. I know what you mean though, some of the club waters and little farm ponds I fished as a kid (which wasn’t that long ago) would be far from ideal to show off “product X!”

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Marketing simple as. Many, unless an independent one, feature/video/articles, ultimate aim is to sell the kit being plugged in it and to a degree the venue.
First rule of marketing is not what is it, but look what it will do for you- in our case look what it will catch you. I wonder also how many visits it took to get it right enough for publication.

I fear for any newbie or anyone not in the know, falling foul of thinking, right, and after watching/reading the feature; if I buy this kit and go there I will bag up. You never may be aware either of the situation, the person doing it may have been guided directly to right peg, told exactly how to fish it and where, perhaps even being guided during the day, could even be their first visit! In some cases there have also been TV shows where the venue has been closed and baited up also, remaining closed. Your average angler, yes may buy the kit, but has a very slim chance of recreating the setting/situation depicted.

I always recall the yearly article that comes out- catch your first Barbel or words to that effect.....at Hampton Loade it was, day ticket stretch.

'I arrived mid-morning' - nice if you can get it, stretch clearly shut. Do that when its not specially shut and you won't get a peg.
'I walked the stretch, surveying likely swims'- as above, most know that you get there at day break, march to a peg and stay in it
'I baited some swims then fished them back in turn and caught these'- as above.

Look at car advertisements, it shows the happy harmony of a couple or family on a quiet road for example. Buy this car and this is what you can expect???
No, don't matter what car you have you will be sat in traffic or roadworks most of the time, with bored screaming kids in the back.

Fishing wise, unless you are very fortunate having access to such utopia, you are more likely to learn realities and how to go about tackling them by asking questions and engaging in discussion on here. You also get non-biased and very useful advice on both kit and venues.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
A fishery near me has an electric fence about 7m behind the pegs on one bank. I'm loathe to touch it with my pole and find out what happens although my niece did touch it and got a nasty shock.

rob6709

Site Supporter
A fishery near me has an electric fence about 7m behind the pegs on one bank. I'm loathe to touch it with my pole and find out what happens although my niece did touch it and got a nasty shock.

Alvechurch canal pool by any chance lol? It's turned off in the day so don't worry about touching it lol.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I notice in Steve Ringer videos he's often got a whole reservoir to himself.