Where and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All reet

Can anyone advise me of the Place to buy braid from?
I am looking for main line braid not hook length a breakin strain of around 20-25lb.

Stu

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Message from Trev

OK Stu, Long long discussions over Braid 3 months ago on A-Net and direct.
Tried cheaper, lost money.
Settled on Newts line, that he has chosen and uses for everything.
Called PowerPro, amazing smooth ,extremely low dia (10lbbs-2lbbs mono 0.15mm)
Extreme under-rating in bs ie Quote BS stated in kilos and pounds considerably different. Under lab conditions, tensile strength will break at far higher test than in real time.
So 10 lbs bs is really 9 kg in lab conds! 30 lbs bs is really 20kg!!!
So huge safety margin built in.
Only downside bloody dear!, but no waste, no abrasion or weed gathering like cheaper braids, silky smooth (knot with extreme care, no stretch, no memory (limp as hell) No tangles, cos so smooth! I really find it exceptional stuff! BUT:-
16.99 for 150 yds
29.99 for 300 yds
Only UK Supplier

Rob Thompson (NOT RON, Rob)
Beaulieu
Hants
P & P 1.50 per order
10,20, 30 and 50 lbs bs
01590 612608
07909 905745 mob
E-Mail rob@game-online.co.uk
Please mention me, I want a discount on my next order!!!!
He took credit card payment and sent by return, but has not got his own mastercard account, so not secure, but didnt let me down on 1st or 2nd order and has a large range of fishing kit, for which he sent me a catalogue., mostly game and sea.
Cya Trev

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
A little more on PowerPro:

Knots: Palomar holds great. Never had one give way.

Cost: The stuff will last just this side of forever. No breakdown from sunlight, wetting, wear, etc. so while the initial cost is fairly high, the cost-per-use is not bad.

Spool size: I imagine Rob can also get you the larger spools as it comes in 500 and 1500 yard spools as well.

B/S: Again, Rob can probably get you the heavier lines as well if you want. I use some 65lb (16lb diameter) and it is also made in 80lb (18lb), 100lb (20lb), 200lb (50lb) and 250lb (80lb).

If you are switching from either mono or a standard braid, try to size your line closer to the diameter you want rather than the b/s though. Smaller but close. For instance, if you are accustomed to 20-25lb mono, you might like the 50lb or 65lb PowerPro.

Newt Vail

ray

wave.gif

gentlemen, i have read with great interest and powerpro sounds fantastic but being a lifelong maxima fan i find it quite hard to use any other line, i have tried quite a few in the past (never used braid) but allways go back to maxima, if i get some powerpro, can it be used in the same way, ie for waggler and feeder fishing and would i notice any differance. thinking.gif

ps.....what is the smallest diameter??

i dont spoil your fishing, so dont you spoil mine......take your rubbish home.

original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Ray,
1st of all 'DONT PANIC'
I can say that, 'cos I'm a MR Manning (Close to Mr Mainwairing)
Just go back to the duplicate and delete post!

Would you notice a difference?

You sure would1
I could not recommend it for your lightweight stick type float applications and I certainly wouldnt use it on the Pole Rigs!!
BUT for all Power jobs, Feeder, Carp, Piking, its excellent.
Firstly as it has NO memory, it is absolutely limp. You have to experience hook tying or loop fastening to uderstand just how limp and therefore non-scaring to fish it is.
(Also means stiff rigs are not what braid is for)
Then there is the lack of stretch! Instant bite indication. (But also beware of crack-offs, not for the clumsy angler and who qualifies better than me!

I use it in 6-10lb Bream Applications on feeder, Barbel/Chub River work, Carp Rods and Piking, but Pole , Stick, stay with mono.
Waggler? I'm experimenting here,must ensure the sinking is ok at lighter weights, but the diameters are all approx one 5th of mono. Yes 10 lb Power Pro is only 0.15mm?

I'll have some at Isaacs, so you can see!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

ray

thanks trev, i'll have a look and a gab about it on the 30th......
see ya soon. thumbsup.gif

i dont spoil your fishing, so dont you spoil mine......take your rubbish home.

original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.