where 2 fish around bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
HI ALL MAGGOT DROWNERS.
i have a freind who is going to stay in bath on weekends. the place where he will be staying is colerne thats the base. could u please send me some local info for fisheries aroud that area please.
CHRIS THE NAME FISH THE GAME
THANKS
POLEROLLER2003

russjo

Hello Poleroller

I live in the area and will try to provide a short answer. The main clubs in the are are Bristol Amalgamation and Bathampton AA. Local tackle shops will have all the details. These two clubs control some excellent lakes, Newton Park, Huntstrete complex and futher afield Tockenham. They also control a lot of stretches on the Bristol Avon which flows through the heart of bath. The avon in the lower reaches is a quality bream, roach, chub water. There is also quality fishing on the upper reaches for Barbel. Also worth considering is Chippenham AA which is close to Colerne. Twenty quid gets you a season on the avon where there is a real poss of double figure Barbel and night fishing is allowed.
The very best advice i can give is get yourself a copy of "Get Hooked- Guide to Angling in Southwest England WWW.gethooked.co.uk" This is the joint EA publication and will tell you everything you need to know. W H Smith in Bath may have copies (2.99). Failing that, leave an address here and I will send a copy foc. I work for the EA and can blag one for you.
Regards
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.