When will boats start again?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's pretty idyllic last few days with warm weather and no boats on the canal. What a venue my local canal would be over summer if there were no boats. I expected no boats to knock the fishing but it makes it very easy to fish with no tow and no speeding boats churning up your peg every couple of minutes. Very silty on my local cut so boats kick up big clouds that last a few minutes, enough time for the next boat to come through usually.

scuttster

Site Supporter
Based on the roadmap out of lockdown I would say that it would be from the 12th of April as that is when they are saying most outdoor attractions and overnight domestic stays within the same household are scheduled to resume.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
12 of April I suspect when there’s actually places open to make it worth them moving

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice one! Hopefully time for a couple more sessions there if the weather doesn't turn. :cool:

scuttster

Site Supporter
Having said that you might get a few private owners out this weekend now that 'stay at home' is now 'stay local but we can't stop you going further'

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My dad said it might be busy when I plan to go on Saturday as it's easter as well. Only two boats in 5 hours yesterday.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
My uncles down the canal again today and said the marina we fished over the weekend is already a no go with all the boats being shifted about ready for the off. Might go down for a look later as that could scupper my plans for the weekend.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Won't be many boats moving around the Shady Oak stretch of the Shroppy. They've had another breach up there.

shroppy.jpg

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Yes 12th April will be the considerate ones, i think the less considerate ones are due on or around the 16th June. 5 abreast on the Trent again.....:rolleyes:

nutmeg

Site Supporter
@thelandlord is this the same breach that occured in January at Beeston, or another breach?
There is meant to be an update on friday from the canal and river trust.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Speaking to the chap who was fishing the canal next to me yesterday, he told me they once did work on the bridge and drained the canal and it moved all the fish on, wonder where the fish have gone in that canal?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
@thelandlord is this the same breach that occured in January at Beeston, or another breach?
There is meant to be an update on friday from the canal and river trust.
This one's near the Shady Oak, Phil. Where the Gowy runs underneath. Won't be repaired until July apparently. One of our lads has a boat up there & our secretary lives in Waverton.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Speaking to the chap who was fishing the canal next to me yesterday, he told me they once did work on the bridge and drained the canal and it moved all the fish on, wonder where the fish have gone in that canal?
Into the River Gowy allegedly. It runs underneath

nutmeg

Site Supporter
This one's near the Shady Oak, Phil. Where the Gowy runs underneath. Won't be repaired until July apparently. One of our lads has a boat up there & our secretary lives in Waverton.
Am very suprised that there would have been a second breach as there hasnt been any true flow or boats for 3 months, l wonder it the CRT has caused the breach.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Some more pics posted by our fella who has a boat there.

shroppy 2.jpg

shroppy 3.jpg

shroppy 6.jpg shroppy 5.jpg

Attachments

• shroppy 4.jpg
    shroppy 4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2